Chip shortage and order delays

Generic Customer Feedback, Content and Reviews based directly on PSIO
LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Chip shortage and order delays

Post by LDNMEC » May 11th, 2022, 1:57 am

Hi Matt,
I know people have been periodically asking the same question over the past few months and you must be getting tired of giving the same answer... But, it would be awesome if you could give us a realistic timeframe.
I placed an order (8925) 4 months ago, and things don't seem to be moving at all. Your news page hasn't been updated in a while, so we're left wondering what is going on.
I opened a support ticket asking about this on the contact page a couple of week ago, but I have not yet received a reply.
Any info regarding timeframe would be super helpful and reassuring!
Thanks for your help! :)

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: Chip shortage and order delays

Post by Matt » May 16th, 2022, 7:44 am

I'll have it shipped before the end of this month :)

LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by LDNMEC » July 7th, 2022, 1:56 am

Same as anubisred who posted on the forum today... still no delivery. I was really hoping to be able to enjoy the wonders of the PSIO this summer but I'm starting to doubt it will happen :crying... Come on Matt, give us some hope!

LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by LDNMEC » July 26th, 2022, 10:43 pm

I have had it! I have no other choice but to post this here since I’ve had no reply to my PM to Matt or to my support ticket.

I understand there is a chip shortage and supply problems. This generates longer delays and we all need to wait patiently (so far I’ve patiently waited more than 6 months). I don’t have a problem with that.
However, what I do have a problem with is the lack of transparent and honest communication from you. Customer requests don’t always get a (timely) reply, and when they do we get vaguely non-committal answers or what would appear to be plain lies, such as on the forum: “I'll have it shipped before the end of this month” (May 15th); “I have them boxed and ready to ship” (June 6th) and weeks later “Been waiting for parts to arrive. I will have a batch shipped after this weekend.” (July 16th).
This has been going on for the last few months.
It shows that 1: orders are indeed not completed and sent months after placing them, and 2: you’re basically communicating false information (i.e. it can’t be boxed and ready to ship on June 6th, if you’re waiting for parts to arrive on July 16th).
There certainly are factors that are not in your control and that have a direct impact on when orders can be fulfilled, we understand that, but you could give us serious regular updates, and a realistic timeline of when we can REALLY expect to receive our orders, be it 2 or 3 months additional wait.
One guy apparently had to wait nearly a year to get his (while repeatedly asking and getting the same stock responses from you on the forum). If that’s what the wait is then tell us, we’ll know where we stand and we’ll stop badgering you.
I sent a support ticket on April 25th (CSPSD-1572), which was eventually responded to after I sent a message on the forum 3 weeks later. I sent a second one on July 20th (CSPSD-1606), which is still unanswered. This means, if I’m not mistaken, that you’ve received 34 support tickets in 3 months. That’s roughly 10 tickets a month, or 1 ticket every 3 days… that sounds manageable, so why do you not take the time to reply???
You’re very busy, undoubtedly, but we are too, we all have jobs and lives. So, please, try to show a little respect to your customers by responding honestly to their legitimate requests. We would all appreciate it.
I’m tired of waiting endlessly, not knowing when or if the thing will turn up. I would like a refund, if you are not able to give me a definite and realistic timeline.
Thanks.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » July 26th, 2022, 10:57 pm

Our suppliers have been screwing us around with shipment times. They can't seem to give me a solid timeframe either. I do finally have them on hand however and I've been assembling them. Sorry for the lack of communication but I'm flat out. I'll try and respond to the tickets shortly. Thanks for your patience :)

LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by LDNMEC » July 27th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Thanks for getting back to me and for responding to my support ticket. Apologies for the angry message, but I must admit it's pretty frustrating not knowing or getting any updates.
I would rather avoid the situation where I would ask for a refund. As you mentioned in the reply to my support ticket, it would be a shame to cancel the order and ask for a refund after having waited this long, and I couldn't agree more.
What I need though is a definite commitment of when the order will be fulfilled (roughly). Since you have, it would seem, recieved all the parts you were waiting for, you should be able to give me that info?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » July 27th, 2022, 8:46 pm

It's no problem and I completely understand. Thanks for your patience. I'll have it shipped by this coming weekend for you. If it is not, re-open the ticket and ask for a refund so I can issue you your money back :)

alundra
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by alundra » July 28th, 2022, 11:46 pm

Hi Matt,
Please be honest and give us a schedule, such as the latest order number that you have been shipped. At least everyone will guess the waiting time based on their own order number.
btw:You can't give priority to delivery if anyone just complain in the forum.... #8902, #8903 have been waiting even longer.

LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by LDNMEC » July 29th, 2022, 1:22 am

I agree with you alundra, it should work on a first come first served basis. The 'for you' in Matt's response also gave me pause. I shouldn't cut in line because I shout louder than others. I'm happy to wait until it is my turn.
What everyone who ordered needs is a rough but honest estimate of when their order will be sent (what orders have already been sent, what orders are still to be sent, and when each batch will likely be sent in the near future). This info could be posted on the news page so we all get it from there and avoid using the forum for this purpose. People complaining on here is defintely not great advertisement for those enquiring and looking for info on the psio before purchasing.
Matt sounds like a good guy, who tries in good faith to answer people's requests. I just think he's having a little trouble accurately communicating on the topic of order delivery.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » July 29th, 2022, 1:36 am

We ship by order placement date (IE: first come first serve). No one is given priority over others :)

I'll have them shipped this weekend. You'll know because you'll get an email saying "Your order has been marked as completed" :P

LDNMEC
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by LDNMEC » August 3rd, 2022, 8:06 pm

Hi Matt,
First of all thanks for processing the order over the weekend.
However, I keep getting an error message when I try to check shipment status on the DHL website. I know it takes a bit of time once the label is printed and the package shipped before there is an update, but apparently I should get one within 48 hours of the package being shipped, and so far I keep getting an error on the tracking page.
I called DHL and they told me that the number you provided isn't a DHL tracking code. The DHL employee thought it might be another shipping company. Can you give me that info please, so I can keep an eye on it?
Thanks

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » August 3rd, 2022, 11:24 pm

It's valid but you need to give it some more time. Usually takes upwards of a week.

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 4th, 2022, 6:51 am

Pro tip: DHL "employees" usually don't know what they're taking about.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » August 4th, 2022, 9:34 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 4th, 2022, 6:51 am Pro tip: DHL "employees" usually don't know what they're taking about.
Attachments
1020385.jpg
(40.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet