Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business CU2 Request

Generic Customer Feedback, Content and Reviews based directly on PSIO
ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business CU2 Request

Post by ldo_lima » April 28th, 2021, 5:46 am

Does anyone have a cu2 file for this addon which was ported from the pc version to ps1.
i noticed someone asked about the golden mask cu2 file and i'm hoping someone can send me or make and send a cu2 for unfinished business.
I recently got it from Cd romance, but I couldn't get the game to work after I started it. Could anyone help?

NRGDEAD
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business CU2 Request

Post by NRGDEAD » April 28th, 2021, 6:58 am

If it's a single-bin image and you can upload the cue sheet and provide the bin file's filesize in bytes (not to be confused with the "size on disk"), I can probably generate a CU2 sheet.
Cue2cu2: A Python script for creating CU2 sheets via the command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.
GitHub / Forum

PSIO wallpaper template in Photoshop format.

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 28th, 2021, 10:02 am

Ok, thanks. :D

size 366.907.296
size on disk 366.907.392
Attachments
Tomb Raider I - Unfinished Business.cue
The Game Cue
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

NRGDEAD

Post by NRGDEAD » April 28th, 2021, 5:17 pm

There you go. :-)
Attachments
Tomb Raider I - Unfinished Business.cu2
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Cue2cu2: A Python script for creating CU2 sheets via the command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.
GitHub / Forum

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 28th, 2021, 9:03 pm

did not work. I recently took the Tomb Raider II Golden Mask cue2 from the forum and it worked, but unfortunately the one you provided me with Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business did not run. :( I don't know what it could be, since I put it in the directory correctly. He does not play music on the menu and when I start it is the same as before, with the black screen.

NRGDEAD

Post by NRGDEAD » April 29th, 2021, 3:51 am

What's your MD5 or CRC-32 for the bin file?
GitHub / Forum

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 29th, 2021, 9:30 am

Thank you for your help. :praise I managed to discover the MD5 from the bin file: 3AA1AB93606BADEFE40EDA491160388B

I did some tests here and recorded 3 different sized versions of this game on CD.
The same one that you generated CU2 presented the same problem playing via ps1 driver, the other almost the same size the same thing and the only one that was perfect was the biggest one with:

size 641.656.176
size on disk 641,658,880

I'm sending the cue of the biggest version that worked perfectly via ps1 CD driver in case you want to make his CU2 for me to test here. Thank you again! :D
Attachments
tr1g_us.cue
Tomb Raider Gold (600mb)
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

NRGDEAD

Post by NRGDEAD » April 29th, 2021, 10:10 pm

Cue2cu2 wrote:Warning while processing tr1g_us.cue: The PREGAP command is used for track 2, which requires the software to insert data into the image or disc. This is not supported by Cue2cu2. The pregap will be ignored and a zero length pregap will be noted in the CU2 sheet in order to continue, but the resulting bin/CU2 set might not work as expected or not at all. If possible, please try a Redump compatible version of this image.
Fingers crossed. ;-)
Attachments
tr1g_us.cu2
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
GitHub / Forum

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 29th, 2021, 11:07 pm

Did not work. I believe that "I lost this battle" to run Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business on my PSio ... Anyway, thanks for your great help. :(

NRGDEAD

Post by NRGDEAD » April 30th, 2021, 1:17 am

Hm, that's unfortunate.
The game seems to be booting in some odd way. I'm no expert, but I'd blame the hack. Would the game work when burned on a CD-R? My drive no longer works, so I couldn't properly test that.
GitHub / Forum

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 30th, 2021, 1:33 am

It works when I record to CD, but it has to be the largest of 600mb that I got on the internet.
Funny that if I put the cue2 from the first official game it works via PSio and doesn't have a black screen, but the songs are all broken.

NRGDEAD

Post by NRGDEAD » April 30th, 2021, 9:34 am

Cue sheets and thus also CU2 sheets are pretty specific to each image. I wouldn't try mixing them up with different image versions; that can have unwanted side effects with probably very loud noises on the speakers. Or the game missing a chunk from the data track.
GitHub / Forum

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 30th, 2021, 9:52 am

This game was tested before and it worked with a proper CU2.

Are you sure you're doing it right, OP?

It might be broken now, but make sure first.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » April 30th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: April 30th, 2021, 9:52 am This game was tested before and it worked with a proper CU2.

Are you sure you're doing it right, OP?

It might be broken now, but make sure first.
I downloaded two versions of Tomb Raider from different places: One was from CD Romance and the other was from b122251.org

I can't create CU2, and I created this post to try to ask someone for help, I tested both CU2. that NRGDEAD created and supplied me, but I was not successful as I said.

Do you have any tips on how I could get this version that Takehaniyasubiko said worked correctly?

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 30th, 2021, 6:52 pm

Have you checked the EXT DSP modes?

Are you sure the .CU2 file you're using matches the version you want to boot?

I don't think the b122251.org version was tested before, but the earlier version worked for a different user. See here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3310
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

RazorX
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Amateur Developer

Post by RazorX » April 30th, 2021, 10:39 pm

try this, i managed to generate a CU2 this way:

1) Open the bin and cue with ISOBuster
2) Goto 'Options > Image Files > ISO / BIN / TAO' and uncheck 'Default to *.ISO file extension instead of *.BIN' and click OK
3) Right Click 'CD' and goto 'Extract CD <Content>' and click 'Extract RAW Data (2352 bytes/block) (*.bin)
4) You should now have a folder containing nothing but bin files
5) Goto https://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/ and drag and drop the bin files onto where it says too
6) Copy the CUE text it gives you and create a new document and paste in the content and save it as 'Tomb Raider Unfinished Business (USA).cue' in the same directory as all the bin files
7) Load up 'PSIO Systems Console' and click 'File > Convert CUE/CU3 to CU2' and select the .cue file you created and it should generate a CU2 file for you.

ldo_lima
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ldo_lima » May 1st, 2021, 9:05 am

RazorX wrote: April 30th, 2021, 10:39 pm try this, i managed to generate a CU2 this way:

2) Goto 'Options > Image Files > ISO / BIN / TAO' and uncheck 'Default to *.ISO file extension instead of *.BIN' and click OK
3) Right Click 'CD' and goto 'Extract CD <Content>' and click 'Extract RAW Data (2352 bytes/block) (*.bin)
5) Goto https://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/ and drag and drop the bin files onto where it says too
6) Copy the CUE text it gives you and create a new document and paste in the content and save it as 'Tomb Raider Unfinished Business (USA).cue' in the same directory as all the bin files
7) Load up 'PSIO Systems Console' and click 'File > Convert CUE/CU3 to CU2' and select the .cue file you created and it should generate a CU2 file for you.
It worked! I followed the tutorial step by step and it worked! Thank you very much RazorX!
Now I will finally be able to play TRUB via PSIO on ps1! :_/: :clap :dance :D

RazorX
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Amateur Developer

Post by RazorX » May 1st, 2021, 12:05 pm

ldo_lima wrote: May 1st, 2021, 9:05 am
RazorX wrote: April 30th, 2021, 10:39 pm try this, i managed to generate a CU2 this way:

It worked! I followed the tutorial step by step and it worked! Thank you very much RazorX!
Now I will finally be able to play TRUB via PSIO on ps1! :_/: :clap :dance :D
really happy to see you got it working, i will have to copy it over to mine too and check it out :D

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » May 1st, 2021, 12:53 pm

Make sure to complete the game and report if it's fully compatible or not (for future reference).
- Paul Bowles