How much power does PSIO draw?

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
Drunk_Caterpillar
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

How much power does PSIO draw?

Post by Drunk_Caterpillar » March 13th, 2021, 6:46 pm

Just like the title says, how much power does the PSIO draw from the PSX? As I add more and more aftermarket items to my PSX (PSIO, PS1Digital, Memory Card Pro, Brooke BT adapters, etc.) I'm curious how much extra strain this is putting on the power distribution in the console. Thanks!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: How much power does PSIO draw?

Post by Matt » March 13th, 2021, 6:56 pm

Drunk_Caterpillar wrote: March 13th, 2021, 6:46 pm Just like the title says, how much power does the PSIO draw from the PSX?
You're like the 16th person to ask that. RTFM :P

NRGDEAD
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: How much power does PSIO draw?

Post by NRGDEAD » March 14th, 2021, 4:52 pm

Just because there's a chance of people searching the web for PSIO power consumption or similar, and ending up on this thread, I quote the manual:
Systems Manual R32 wrote:PSIO uses 7.5V directly from the PlayStation console which is regulated to three other voltages afterwards. It draws a maximum of 174mA at its peak, an average of 168mA, and a standby rating of 156mA.
;-)
Cue2cu2: A Python script for creating CU2 sheets via the command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.
GitHub / Forum

PSIO wallpaper template in Photoshop format.