/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Interpreter
Motto: Do no harm
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5500
Steam: kito_2003

Cheats 'N Codes Volume 1 (USA)

Post by Kito1984 » November 21st, 2020, 6:57 am

No sound during movie. Tested with Menu System V2.6.27, in all EXTDSP modes.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: Cheats 'N Codes Volume 1 (USA)

Post by Matt » November 24th, 2020, 4:48 am

This is just a Game Shark disc. Can you please provide us the CRC32 and show us the link on ReDump? It might be a bad rip so the audio doesn't play or it happens from the real disc.

Kito1984

Post by Kito1984 » November 24th, 2020, 6:17 am

Matt wrote: November 24th, 2020, 4:48 am This is just a Game Shark disc. Can you please provide us the CRC32 and show us the link on ReDump? It might be a bad rip so the audio doesn't play or it happens from the real disc.
Yes, I don't think that it's important and I don't use such discs at all, but it may thereotically mean that something is wrong somewhere, so I wanted to report it just in case. CRC32 is aaba0221, here's the link - http://redump.org/disc/45127/. I didn't try this from CD, but I launched it in Mednafen and music works there. If that's necessary, I'll try from CD too.

Takehaniyasubiko
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 24th, 2020, 11:50 am

It's a verified rip, so there's no problem with the disc image.

If the music works on Mednafen, it should also work on PSIO.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 25th, 2020, 4:08 am

Okay we did some tests on the disc, and it's just a Game Shark CD. They are using the address where we store the EXTDSP hook for XA/CDDA playback to keep a pointer callback for the cheats. I mean, cheats should work, but there will be no XA/CDDA since it overwrites our hook location. It may be fixable, but we'd need to find a location in the kernel somewhere else where we can store our interrupt vector that won't get overwritten.

I'll archive this topic since it's not a major bug related to a game and there are other methods to run cheats. For example, I recommend using Game Shark V5 if you want to run cheats since that one works with PSIO.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 25th, 2020, 4:15 am

Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:08 amOkay we did some tests on the disc, and it's just a Game Shark CD. They are using the address where we store the EXTDSP hook for XA/CDDA playback to keep a pointer callback for the cheats. I mean, cheats should work, but there will be no XA/CDDA since it overwrites our hook location. It may be fixable, but we'd need to find a location in the kernel somewhere else where we can store our interrupt vector that won't get overwritten.
Is there a chance that some retail games also use the address where you store the EXTDSP hook?
Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on November 25th, 2020, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 25th, 2020, 4:16 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:15 am
Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:08 amOkay we did some tests on the disc, and it's just a Game Shark CD. They are using the address where we store the EXTDSP hook for XA/CDDA playback to keep a pointer callback for the cheats. I mean, cheats should work, but there will be no XA/CDDA since it overwrites our hook location. It may be fixable, but we'd need to find a location in the kernel somewhere else where we can store our interrupt vector that won't get overwritten.
Is there a chance that some retail games also uses the address where you store the EXTDSP hook?
Some do, but that's why we have a few versions of it (IE: K1V1, K1V3, etc).

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 25th, 2020, 4:18 am

Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:16 amSome do, but that's why we have a few versions of it (IE: K1V1, K1V3, etc).
But I mean the specific address used by this Game Shark CD since it doesn't work with any of the EXT DSP modes.
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 25th, 2020, 4:23 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:18 am
Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:16 amSome do, but that's why we have a few versions of it (IE: K1V1, K1V3, etc).
But I mean the specific address used by this Game Shark CD since it doesn't work with any of the EXT DSP modes.
This Game Shark disc is overwriting the EXTDSP code. That's it.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 25th, 2020, 4:30 am

Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:23 amThis Game Shark disc is overwriting the EXTDSP code. That's it.
Overwrites it by using the same address in the memory. Is it possible that some retail games will be discovered to do the same? If yes, it's better to try and fix this beforehand.
- Paul Bowles

Kito1984

Post by Kito1984 » November 25th, 2020, 4:32 am

Matt wrote: November 25th, 2020, 4:08 am I'll archive this topic since it's not a major bug related to a game and there are other methods to run cheats.
Okay with me, if it doesn't affect anything else, I could live without music in this cheats collection. Thanks for looking into it!