Spyro 3 PAL Libcrypt\100% Crack fix.

Old bug reports which are fixed and/or outdated
wanderer
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
I am a: wanderer
PlayStation Model: scph-1002

Re: Spyro 3 PAL Libcrypt\100% Crack fix.

Post by wanderer » May 12th, 2020, 10:17 pm

I actually have a PAL console with a PAL bios. Only I replaced the original scph-1002 bios with a spch-7502 bios. I've just tried the European v1.0 version with PDX's perfect patch on epsxe. I removed the .sbi file to make sure epsxe wasn't relying on it. I used a scph-7502 bios with epsxe. I did get the anti-piracy message from Zoe.
krisk77 is the one with the Japanese system. He said that setting the licence to SCEE would not trigger the anti-piracy.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » May 12th, 2020, 10:36 pm

I'm not sure what HC05 license ePSXe is using so it's not a good test. I'd use NO$PSX since you can load different HC05's in that :)

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » May 12th, 2020, 11:10 pm

The fairy messages might have something to do with the Anti-Modchip protection.

The PDX PERFECT crack does NOT fix the actual Libcrypt protection for the entire game. There are various ways in which it activates:
PAL copies of the game will switch between English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
The ability to Pause will be removed.
Various enemies will not give Gems, and various Gems found on the ground will be removed.
Whilst playing the game, or after resetting the system, various Eggs will be reset to being uncollected, particularly those awarded for reaching a level’s Exit Portal.
Sparx will be unable to get to Blue and Gold colours, limiting Spyro’s health.
Sometimes the player will be lifted off the ground and returned to an earlier point in the level for no apparent reason.
Various areas in levels that require the use of a side-character will be locked off, even if you freed that character.
Sometimes the game will return you to the wrong Home World or level when using the Return Home Portal.
The game will randomly kick you from the stage as if you used a Return Home Portal. This compounds with the above note where you can be returned to a completely different level.
Returning to Sheila’s Alp will require you to pay Moneybags to free her again.
Using the Transports to other Home Worlds will be disabled if the Egg awarded for completing the local side-character’s world is reset, requiring it to be collected again.
Sometimes using a Transport won’t work at all.
Once the Rocket is completed in Evening Lake, it will force you to fight in Buzz’s Dungeon again before getting to Midnight Mountain.
After getting to Midnight Mountain, the Rocket will take to you a random option on the list rather than the one you selected.
All the Midnight Mountain Portals send you to Sunrise Spring levels instead.
After spending some time in Midnight Mountain, the Rocket will have only Sunrise Spring available in the menu. Using this will then replace the Rocket with the original Balloon when you land.
In the middle of the Sorceress boss fight, the player will be sent back to Sunrise Spring with all their save data wiped.
The “payback” with Moneybags in Midnight Mountain won’t return all of the Gems you paid him.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

wanderer
I am a: wanderer
PlayStation Model: scph-1002

Post by wanderer » May 12th, 2020, 11:41 pm

I just did the test with no$psx. I'm sorry but it's the same.
Afaik the game displays a software terminated screen right after the insomniac logo if it detects a modchip (non stealth). The fairy message has to do with the game being modified not the console being modified. You can actually play a libcrypt copy without patching it and it will work, and you won't get Zoe's message either. But the game will start having problems at some point. Zoe's message happens only if the game is modified/hacked/patched. That's my understanding anyway.
I think the best thing to do is to play the v1.1 US version.

On a side note, sbi support would probably fix this problem for the european versions. There are other problems with other PAL titles, like Final Fantasy VIII : when prompted to switch disc it will always fail, you have to save and reboot the console to play the next disc. I think the patchs for some PAL versions of Soul Reaver are failed patchs.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » May 13th, 2020, 12:04 am

The point is, it doesn't matter if the fairy message appears or not because the Paradox crack doesn't work either way. The game will fool you and then corrupt itself in various ways.

For the best gameplay experience, the NTSC 1.1 version is the way to go.

If somebody wants to play the PAL version, they will have to wait for the subchannels support.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

locarnos
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by locarnos » January 19th, 2022, 8:08 am

Hello
Do we have any news about 100% working crack? Something changes in those two years? Does crack from B.A.D. group is better?

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » January 20th, 2022, 12:40 am

There is no truly working crack for Spyro 3 PAL AFAIK.

Just use the 1.1 NTSC version. It's the best version of the game, anyway.
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 20th, 2022, 1:19 am

If we get SBI (subchannel) support working in PSIO later on then LibCrypt won't be a problem anymore anyway :)

locarnos
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by locarnos » January 20th, 2022, 1:30 am

When we can get it? It is long time.

What happen if I run original spyro 3 cd on modded psx? Will it affect the game or not?

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » January 20th, 2022, 1:39 am

The game detects modchips, so it might not work even with the original CD on a modded console. However, I never tried that, so I'm not sure about it.

The 1.1 NTSC version is the best even if you have the original PAL CD since that's the last released version and has the most bug fixes. The English in this game is very simple, so you shouldn't really need a PAL version for anything.
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 20th, 2022, 2:02 am

The game won't trigger anti-mod on PSIO since we emulate the HC05 core extremely well now. On systems that have an X-Station with a modchip it will though.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » January 20th, 2022, 2:28 am

Matt wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:02 amThe game won't trigger anti-mod on PSIO since we emulate the HC05 core extremely well now.
Even if he boots a CD? Doesn't that bypass PSIO?
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 20th, 2022, 7:50 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:28 am
Matt wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:02 amThe game won't trigger anti-mod on PSIO since we emulate the HC05 core extremely well now.
Even if he boots a CD? Doesn't that bypass PSIO?
If you boot a CD-R, yes. The anti-mod will kick in.