Inuyasha

Old bug reports which are fixed and/or outdated
Batossai

Inuyasha

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 7:45 am

I was triying different games and when I was playing Inuyasha something strange happened. We were trying to play the versus mode in Inuyasha. We selected the characters, scenario, everything when smoothly until the combat began. A phrase in japanese appeared in the center of the screen. We were able to move the characters but the time didn't start running and we couldn't attack each other. I believe is some kind of antipiracy method. Any ideas?

NRGDEAD
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: Inuyasha

Post by NRGDEAD » August 26th, 2019, 7:53 am

Are the images Redump compatible?
You can get checksums (MD5, et cetera) with this command line tool from Microsoft if you are using Windows. On Linux/Mac, you can use md5sum or md5 on the command line.

Have you tried the different EXTDSP modes?
Cue2cu2: A Python script for creating CU2 sheets via the command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.
GitHub / Forum

PSIO wallpaper template in Photoshop format.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » August 26th, 2019, 9:10 am

We need more information. What version of the game is it and what EXTDSP mode were you using?

Batossai

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 9:21 am

They are from Redump, there is not a technical problem of a bad iso or any problem like that. It is an ingame problem. As if it was a lybcript game like european ape escape. In ape escape you can't start the game if you don't patch it. In inuyasha you can't fight once you have chosen the character and the scenario; the fighters are loaded you can move around but you can't fight. And a big phrase in japanese appears in the center of the screen.
Inuysha A feudal fairy tale (USA) SLUS-01534
Extdsp 3

I have been checking the information in Redump. It may be a EDC problem.

NRGDEAD
I am a: Noob

Post by NRGDEAD » August 26th, 2019, 9:43 am

I'm not completely sure, but if I remember correctly, EDC only hinders the reading of the disc. The erroneous sectors are not used at "playback" time.
NRGDEAD wrote: August 26th, 2019, 7:53 amHave you tried the different EXTDSP modes?
So, have you?
Cue2cu2: A Python script for creating CU2 sheets via the command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.
GitHub / Forum

PSIO wallpaper template in Photoshop format.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 26th, 2019, 9:54 am

According to Matt and my own expirence, EDC games will work on PSIO without patching, but they need to be perfect rips.

Give us the MD5 of your image.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Batossai

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 9:56 am

I only tried the third one. If the game hasn't loaded I would have tried the other two. But if the game works fine in every aspect and a message appears in japanese when everything is ready to start the combat. A big long sentence. You can control the character, move around but you are unable to start the fight no matter what button you push. I even tried with a first generation controller and with a dual shock. We chose fighting human vs human, we pushed reset and charged the game again, we tried human vs. com, same result.

Batossai

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 10:21 am

6819604da356f97dda706a85fc3c57e8
I checked against Redump. It is the Rev 1 of the game.
All my isos are from Redump and I use cu2 in every game. It is not a bad iso unless you consider Redump version a bad dump.
http://redump.org/disc/2824/

Jaggy
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Post by Jaggy » August 26th, 2019, 10:59 am

Can you take a picture of your screen with the message? I can tell you if it’s anti-piracy or something else.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 26th, 2019, 10:59 am

Does your PS1 have an actual modchip?
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Batossai

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 6:07 pm

https://m.imgur.com/a/pfckArU

https://m.imgur.com/a/FQR3RBG

I don't have any modchip. The psio board was installed by Matt. It is an american SCPH-5501.

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » August 26th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Modchips are ignored by PSIO and that message is not anti piracy either, as it has no anti piracy/librcrypt.

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » August 26th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Batossai wrote: August 26th, 2019, 10:21 am 6819604da356f97dda706a85fc3c57e8
I checked against Redump. It is the Rev 1 of the game.
All my isos are from Redump and I use cu2 in every game. It is not a bad iso unless you consider Redump version a bad dump.
http://redump.org/disc/2824/
Delete the CU2. The title is only one single Data/Track mode 2.

CU2 is only for multiple CDDA tracks.

SavitarSvit

Post by SavitarSvit » August 26th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Inuyasha A Feudal Fairy Tale (U) - all 3 DSP modes - freeze when battle start.

Batossai, I already reported that this game does not work correctly. They say that perhaps it will work on the new firmware.

Batossai

Post by Batossai » August 26th, 2019, 7:07 pm

We will have to wait then.

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » August 26th, 2019, 8:23 pm

SavitarSvit wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:47 pm Inuyasha A Feudal Fairy Tale (U) - all 3 DSP modes - freeze when battle start.

Batossai, I already reported that this game does not work correctly. They say that perhaps it will work on the new firmware.
Did you not report it at the time on a JIRA database? Nothing is showing for this title.

SavitarSvit

Post by SavitarSvit » August 26th, 2019, 11:37 pm

krisk77, yes.
Why is my report not in JIRA, this question is not for me.

Four game i found:
Toca world touringcar (E) - all 3 DSP modes - freeze on loading screen.
The City of Lost Children (U) - all 3 DSP modes - no music in game.
Inuyasha A Feudal Fairy Tale (U) - all 3 DSP modes - freeze when battle start.
Toshinden Subaru (J) - all 3 DSP modes - start "team story mode", then choose the player and then game freeze on black screen.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 26th, 2019, 11:40 pm

Matt says those games are fixed in the new firmware. We'll just have to see...
- Paul Bowles

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 » August 27th, 2019, 12:53 am

Batossai wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:07 pm https://m.imgur.com/a/pfckArU

https://m.imgur.com/a/FQR3RBG

I don't have any modchip. The psio board was installed by Matt. It is an american SCPH-5501.
The words that appear are just the taunt that one of the characters is saying. It's nothing about piracy protection. I assume the words are supposed to disappear after a second or so, but clearly the PSIO is not processing the game's instructions accurately at that point.

Also CU2s are fine to use for all games on PSIO even if they are not CDDA games.

If you can do make sure that this gets listed on JIRA for the record, in case the next firmware doesn't fix it.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 27th, 2019, 4:03 am

fernan1234 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:53 amThe words that appear are just the taunt that one of the characters is saying. It's nothing about piracy protection. I assume the words are supposed to disappear after a second or so, but clearly the PSIO is not processing the game's instructions accurately at that point.
Yeah, いざつ!/Izatsu! means "Come now!" (with the sokuon at the end to indicate angry speech) and it's just a typical fighting game phrase before a battle. However, PSIO clearly fails to load the actual battle. :roll:
- Paul Bowles