Mortal Kombat 3 black screen

Old bug reports which are fixed and/or outdated
Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: Mortal Kombat 3 black screen

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » May 23rd, 2021, 12:23 am

pinnky_174 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:22 amit's inconvenient to configure each time for a separate game!
Even with X-station, you have to figure out which game works with Fastboot and which doesn't.

They won't fix this. It's just the nature of the beast.

Besides, it's not an actual incompatibility to change a mode. A game is incompatible if none of the modes work.
Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on July 2nd, 2021, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

pinnky_174

Post by pinnky_174 » May 23rd, 2021, 12:26 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:23 am
pinnky_174 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:22 amit's inconvenient to configure each time for a separate game!
Even with X-station, you have to figure out which game works with Fasboot and which doesn't.

Besides, it's not an actual incompatibility to change a mode. A game is incompatible if none of the modes work.
thank You!;) i understand

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » August 11th, 2021, 8:12 am

We can confirm the CDDA doesn't loop and we're looking into it...

WWammy

Post by WWammy » August 12th, 2021, 10:06 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:23 am
Even with X-station, you have to figure out which game works with Fastboot and which doesn't.

Actually from my experience very few games won't work with Fastboot I tested over 200 pal games and only 1 I had to resort to using full boot or if you want to avoid issues just always choose full boot it's not much slower than fast boot to be honest.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 12th, 2021, 10:07 am

WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:06 amActually from my experience very few games won't work with Fastboot I tested over 200 pal games and only 1 I had to resort to using full boot or if you want to avoid issues just always choose full boot it's not much slower than fast boot to be honest.
Yes, it's the same with PSIO. Only a few games won't work with Fastboot.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » August 12th, 2021, 10:12 am

Mortal Kombat 3 has been fixed and will be working in the next update.

WWammy

Post by WWammy » August 12th, 2021, 10:36 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:07 am
WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:06 amActually from my experience very few games won't work with Fastboot I tested over 200 pal games and only 1 I had to resort to using full boot or if you want to avoid issues just always choose full boot it's not much slower than fast boot to be honest.
Yes, it's the same with PSIO. Only a few games won't work with Fastboot.
Missing the point because no boot method in PSIO is 100% but full boot in xstation always works unless the game itself is incompatible due to being a bad dump, mechacon issue or needs new firmware
I believe OP made a point that having to change modes is inconvenient.

Also to compare PSIO there are 4 EXTDSP modes [KV1V4] [KV1V3] [KV1V2] and [KV1V1] and an option between [LoadExec] and [Midboot] only in [Midboot] can you choose between Fastboot or Fullboot

Some games require EXTDSP modes.

In Xstation the option to switch between fast boot and full boot is on the main screen and there's only 2 boot modes and you don't have to enter a seperate settings page to change between the boot modes.

I have found a spread sheet on these forums that has various compatibility modes that games require to run correctly.
I believe this should be in the firmware for games that require it as the OP I was referring to said it's inconvenient to keep switching between modes, I agree with this.
pinnky_174 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:22 am
it's inconvenient to configure each time for a separate game!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » August 12th, 2021, 10:51 am

WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:36 am I believe this should be in the firmware for games that require it as the OP I was referring to said it's inconvenient to keep switching between modes, I agree with this.
pinnky_174 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:22 am it's inconvenient to configure each time for a separate game!
You can manually define them. It's described in the Systems Manual.

WWammy

Post by WWammy » August 12th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Matt wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:51 am
WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:36 am I believe this should be in the firmware for games that require it as the OP I was referring to said it's inconvenient to keep switching between modes, I agree with this.
pinnky_174 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:22 am it's inconvenient to configure each time for a separate game!
You can manually define them. It's described in the Systems Manual.
Can you define them in the firmware for known games? That would be very convenient

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » August 12th, 2021, 4:03 pm

Yes. Read the manual.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 12th, 2021, 7:51 pm

WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:36 am Missing the point because no boot method in PSIO is 100% but full boot in xstation always works unless the game itself is incompatible due to being a bad dump, mechacon issue or needs new firmware
Not 100% but some games still have issues even on xStation. Obviously, though, that device is far more compatible with games right now. Hopefully, PSIO will catch up when the "new big firmware" hits.
- Paul Bowles

WWammy

Post by WWammy » August 12th, 2021, 7:59 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 12th, 2021, 7:51 pm
WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 10:36 am Missing the point because no boot method in PSIO is 100% but full boot in xstation always works unless the game itself is incompatible due to being a bad dump, mechacon issue or needs new firmware
Not 100% but some games still have issues even on xStation. Obviously, though, that device is far more compatible with games right now. Hopefully, PSIO will catch up when the "new big firmware" hits.
Yes I have both xstation is mostly hassle free right now.
Just drag and drop redump games.

There are also very few incompatible games I am following their github.

The ones that have issues are mostly due to bad dump in the case of Mega Man X pal or if its a mechacon issue where an out of region game won't work for example Wipeout X and Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver NTSC versions on a PAL console the game would require a patch to work or if possible a firmware update

I am waiting for the new update for PSIO also 😁

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 12th, 2021, 8:03 pm

WWammy wrote: August 12th, 2021, 7:59 pmThe ones that have issues are mostly due to bad dump in the case of Mega Man X pal or if its a mechacon issue where an out of region game won't work for example Wipeout X and Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver NTSC versions on a PAL console.

I am waiting for the new update for PSIO also 😁
This is correct, but some games in the ~2500 titles strong PS1 library might still have issues. xStation did receive a ton of updates, though. It's what turned it into the promised accurate ODE. That's why I stopped believing in chips, interfaces, etc. That's all secondary. What matters is the accuracy of the CD-ROM emulation code.
- Paul Bowles

WWammy

Post by WWammy » August 12th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 12th, 2021, 8:03 pm This is correct, but some games in the ~2500 titles strong PS1 library might still have issues. xStation did receive a ton of updates, though. It's what turned it into the promised accurate ODE. That's why I stopped believing in chips, interfaces, etc. That's all secondary. What matters is the accuracy of the CD-ROM emulation code.
Fair point anything could crop up with that many titles to test

pinnky_174

Post by pinnky_174 » August 28th, 2021, 1:31 am

still, I think this game remains wrong, t k just turned on and reached Motaro and got a hang, it still does not work stably and it should be checked

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 28th, 2021, 5:15 am

pinnky_174 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 1:31 am still, I think this game remains wrong, t k just turned on and reached Motaro and got a hang, it still does not work stably and it should be checked
Previously, you said the game freezes if the demo mode is looped, which it doesn't (I looped it for 5 hours straight).
It might be your setup.
- Paul Bowles

Xplo1t_DRM
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Xplo1t_DRM » October 12th, 2021, 9:40 pm

pinnky_174 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 11:48 pm 5 min in demo mode and black screen and freeze
Had it happen on the latest FW build after 1 hour but it's not a PSIO issue, as happens randomly with other ODE's like X-station and MODE. Different PCB revisions, regions, mechacon and clock signals play a part in it.

It's also, buggy code in the game being an early title, so that and a combination of the aforementioned determines whether it will occur for you or not.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » October 13th, 2021, 12:18 am

Best way to know for sure is try it from a CD-ROM or CD-R on a system with a good laser. If it randomly freezes, then it's due from poor programming in the MK3 port :)

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » October 13th, 2021, 12:43 am

Might be related to the board revision, tho.

It didn't freeze even once on my SCPH-1002 and such an early game was probably playtested on a SCPH-100X.
- Paul Bowles

pinnky_174

Post by pinnky_174 » October 21st, 2021, 2:52 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: October 13th, 2021, 12:43 am Might be related to the board revision, tho.

It didn't freeze even once on my SCPH-1002 and such an early game was probably playtested on a SCPH-100X.
I have 5500 japan