Official DCIO News and Development Thread

zePeido

Re: Official DCIO News and Development Thread

Post by zePeido » April 15th, 2019, 9:20 pm

KarlG wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 10:42 am
You need to leave the 12V connected for the official PAL SCART cable to function on a PAL console. VGA is fine without.

I haven't actually used a dreamcast with the normal disc so I do not have a reference for how hot these units normally get. I have left Crazy Taxi, GDEMU, 3D prinited tray, Noctua Fan and a 330 Ohm 5W resistor between 12v and ground. Running for 5 hours and I have not got the console anywhere near what I would consider hot or overheating. One day I will get crazy taxi on disc and I will compare both units side by side.
Thank you for the info. If one day you could test with crazy taxi on disc, that would be great.

codeX
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by codeX » May 14th, 2019, 6:56 am

Patiently awaiting the release of DCIO. ~5 months of some pretty heavy PSIO use with zero problems and I'm fully ready for DCIO release after going back and forth on looking at GDEMU and USB-GDROM. Not a fan of compatibility reports with GDEMU, and after reading Stone Age Gamer's experience with Mnemo, I'll pass on sending a $180+ payment on paypal to Russia.

Thanks for continued development guys. :)

Tobiasrieper
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Tobiasrieper » June 22nd, 2019, 7:32 pm

I have a GDEMU clone, latest firmware and it''s the best £50 I ever spent. As both my Dreamcast and PS1 drives are up the swannee I needed something to keep me occupied until my PSIO turns up.

I have a printed tray on the way to help airflow and for aesthetica even though I built my own PICO psu. Plays every game I've thrown at it (so far).

I hope the folks over here at CybDyn make the DCIO compatible with VA0 motherboards (I have a Japanese model as well) via some extra pcb or something. Also the GDmenu is a bit rubbish so it will be interesting what CybDbyn develop and in what ways it will improve on GDEMU and USB Gdrom. :) I'll pick up a DCIO in a heart beat and sell my current set up :D

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » June 23rd, 2019, 7:59 am

I'm not going to bother with the current GD2SD readers (or whatever you want to call them). I don't trust both creators and I'd rather wait for Cyberdyne Sy..., I mean CYBDYN Systems to develop something professional and with an actual support. :)
Oh I know there's comfort in sadness
But I try to distinguish these passing emotions
My unimportant existence
From the great machine of the world's indifference

Greg2600
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by Greg2600 » July 7th, 2019, 10:39 am

Well, both USBGDROM and GDEMU are difficult to procure, and both use FAT32 so memory card size is hampered.

ibbanez
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ibbanez » July 9th, 2019, 11:53 am

Argilun wrote:
September 22nd, 2017, 11:18 pm
Have you considered making the system an addon?
I made for my dreamcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw9fM ... UI5c0ZZR1k
May I ask what you did there? Looks cool, but Im more interested in the tech and the HDD. Thanks.

ibbanez
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by ibbanez » July 9th, 2019, 12:07 pm

I just wanted to chime in and give my 2 cents as to what I would want. I would want either a 2.5mm Sata drive or a USB for for external drives or usb stick. I do not want a SD card. The GD roms are all going to die eventually, and would rather not have the drive at all. I know not everyone agrees, but I just wanted to chime in. Hope everything is going well. Also, im new here, looks awesome and checking all the other stuff out. Keep up the great work.