Gran Turismo 1-2 PAL, NTSC-U/C & NTSC-J - anomalies in V2.6.9

Software title information and feedback tested by customers
Forum rules
Before posting, make sure you have tried all the EXTDSP settings available found in the 'Options' in the Menu System! Also be sure to check JIRA if your game is currently not working and is already being worked on.
Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///

Gran Turismo 1-2 PAL, NTSC-U/C & NTSC-J - anomalies in V2.6.9

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 18th, 2019, 4:54 am

Gran Turismo has some anomalies in V2.6.9.

1. The transition in menus became jerky in movement. For example, when you pick Try Again on the License menu, it should smoothly scroll up. Now it jerks up and then disappears abruptly.

2. After the 3-2-1 countdown, there's a pause before the game starts moving again. It's easy to observe since the tachometer basically stops for about a second and then the game starts working again.

3. BGM won't load at random.

Tested against a retail disc and all's smooth on that.

Gran Turismo 2 has the same anomalies. In fact, the jerky transition in menus is even more evident in GT2.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Re: Gran Turismo 1-2 PAL, NTSC-U/C & NTSC-J - anomalies in V2.6.9

Post by sosafire » October 18th, 2019, 11:15 pm

Hello,
I confirm that gran turismo, version 1.2 that I use is I find it jerky, I have not exactly the same concern as you but the slowdowns are not in the game in physics. I find it also on crash bandicoot too , slowing down when he should not have ...

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » October 19th, 2019, 1:31 am

Hi, sosafire.

Like I said, it's the menus that slow down in GT1-2 + there's about 1 second of pause before each race starts.

And yes, I've noticed actual gameplay slowdowns in some games as well with V2.6.9. For example, Soul Reaver 1 is slowing down much more than from the retail disc. Hopefully, the new firmware will put these issues to rest.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sosafire » November 4th, 2019, 1:53 am

hello to you! ^^

Yes I confirm this, just like DRIVER 1 and 2 really I find and that is almost unplayable, tench 2 too, I do not know if syphon filter is too, at least for the first others I do not know.

Why does it affect so much play while the PSIO is supposed to do the job of the optical block the same?

I think that 3D games really take a hit in terms of FPS and it is not pleasant at all to play in these conditions ....

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 4th, 2019, 3:57 am

sosafire, the old code simply wasn't that accurate, but don't worry because Matt and Yuri are working on an improved code and I'm sure you're going to like the results when it's all finalized.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sosafire » November 5th, 2019, 11:40 pm

Hello,
I really hope so, because it leaves me to think that it is more preferable if not to play on a support like the PS2 with!
No date expected on this new update?

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 5th, 2019, 11:44 pm

sosafire wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:40 pm
Hello,
I really hope so, because it leaves me to think that it is more preferable if not to play on a support like the PS2 with!
No date expected on this new update?
Believe me, it's totally worth it. :)

The new firmware is close. Matt said it's just a matter of internal testing at this point. You know, it's better to polish it rather than rush it.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sosafire » November 6th, 2019, 12:05 am

I totally agree with you on this subject,

preferring something clean than a thing done fast because there is a lack!

Preferring quality to quantity, a console doing its job well in terms of general fluidity is better than running all the games still missing from the list (Jackie Chan ect ...) otherwise it is useless to play it ^^ !!!

This Update will therefore allow for increased accuracy of the system, and thus ultimately have constant SPF, or the same as a real PS1!
On a general level! ^^

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 6th, 2019, 12:13 am

That's exactly it, sosafire. For example, Matt said that games like Gran Turismo 1-2 and Resident Evil 2-3 are already fixed, among many others, but there's clearly more to do to make it really accurate with all PS1 games. That's why the new update is taking longer, but it's worth it because it's all about making it even better at this point. Many problems are already taken care of.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sosafire » November 6th, 2019, 12:22 am

yes, I'm impatient for the release of this update! ^^

So an FW update for early next year would be great!

I wish them good work then and that they manage to control the first monster of sony!

So to postpone the games which suffers of fluidity like for example V rally 2, overboard (Shipwreckers), moto racer, destruction derby 2,loaded, roadrash ect ... does not serve anything for the moment since the current update is just a prototype!

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 6th, 2019, 12:25 am

If all goes well, the new firmware will be here much sooner than next year, but it all depends how the polishing goes. All I can tell you is that the wait will be worth it.

sosafire
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sosafire » November 6th, 2019, 12:31 am

So cross our fingers so that we are an experience like we never had on the PS1 and a polishing little onions,
just like this intro that makes dream in the ODE and shows that we are on a console that revolutionized and changed our way of playing! ^^

Thanks for all these precisions Takehaniyasubiko !!!

(Preferring that they take their time to have a product really finished fluidly, if the update arrives later but better finished I prefer this solution!)