Z steel soldiers now not working!

Software title information and feedback tested by customers
Forum rules
Before posting, make sure you have tried all the EXTDSP settings available found in the 'Options' in the Menu System! Also be sure to check JIRA if your game is currently not working and is already being worked on.
Andrey39rume

Z steel soldiers now not working!

Post by Andrey39rume » September 7th, 2019, 8:49 am

The game worked perfectly in K1V2 mode, now with a 2.6.7 firmware on all modes including midboot red death screen with the inscription "boom!"

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///

Re: Z steel soldiers now not working!

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 7th, 2019, 9:27 am

I'm sorry, but these are labor pains. Very important fixes for the overall compatibility are being worked on right now, but it causes some setbacks here and there. Hang on tight and let's hope Matt/Yuri will figure out the last few pieces of the puzzle soon.

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 7th, 2019, 9:34 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 9:27 am
I'm sorry, but these are labor pains. Very important fixes for the overall compatibility are being worked on right now, but it causes some setbacks here and there. Hang on tight and let's hope Matt/Yuri will figure out the last few pieces of the puzzle soon.
I really want to believe that. I suppose they picked up on the very fine tuning of the software code. But it is better to make it possible for the time being to last work and test Return firmware 2.6.5 for those who want to play earlier work games. I checked Resident Evil 2 on firmware 2.6.7 and it earned on k1v4, the situation got a bit better.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 7th, 2019, 9:37 am

Andrey39rume wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 9:34 am
I really want to believe that. I suppose they picked up on the very fine tuning of the software code. But it is better to make it possible for the time being to last work and test Return firmware 2.6.5 for those who want to play earlier work games. I checked Resident Evil 2 on firmware 2.6.7 and it earned on k1v4, the situation got a bit better.
RE2-3 are exactly as bad as before. It's just random. Sometimes you can play some and don't see the issues immediately, but at other times the loading problems will happen multiple times in a row.

As for believing, we have to. Personally, I can't wait another 8 months, but I'm confident Matt/Yuri will nail this much sooner now. They've come a long way and seem more determined now that the long-awaited firmware didn't help.

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 7th, 2019, 9:42 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 9:37 am
Andrey39rume wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 9:34 am
RE2-3 are exactly as bad as before. It's just random. Sometimes you can play some and don't see the issues immediately, but at other times the loading problems will happen multiple times in a row.

As for believing, we have to. Personally, I can't wait another 8 months, but I'm confident Matt/Yuri will nail this much sooner now. They've come a long way and seem more determined now that the long-awaited firmware didn't help.
I really want to believe that. But rolling back the firmware would paint Waiting for new workers. ;)

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 7th, 2019, 9:47 am

I am already jealous of those people who remained on the firmware 2.6.5. I did not think that the new firmware are new significant problems.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 7th, 2019, 9:51 am

It's not like the old firmware is great. It doesn't play many games which do play now.

Let's hope the next update only fixes things. ;)

fernan1234
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server

Post by fernan1234 » September 7th, 2019, 2:15 pm

2.6.5 may be better, the games fixed after are only a handful that were targeted specifically, while the list of broken games seems to be trickling in every day. I'd stay on it until a more stable FW comes along.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 7th, 2019, 6:50 pm

fernan1234 wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 2:15 pm
2.6.5 may be better, the games fixed after are only a handful that were targeted specifically, while the list of broken games seems to be trickling in every day. I'd stay on it until a more stable FW comes along.
Many of the games I want to play didn't work on 2.6.5 either, so I guess it depends on the user. However, this is clearly a weird situation as FW updates should never break games, especially not in batches.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502

Post by Matt » September 12th, 2019, 12:04 am

Fixed in Menu System V2.6.8 (only works under K1V2 mode via LoadExec). Note that the load times are quite long for this game, so if you think it's frozen, just give it time. It's not a flaw in PSIO, but a flaw how the game programmers laid out the data on the disc. They are doing a lot (like, a ridiculous amount) of CD seek and read commands instead of one continuous file stream/load. Not sure how it passed Sony qualification assurance.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 12th, 2019, 12:09 am

Matt wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 12:04 am
Fixed in Menu System V2.6.8 (only works under K1V2 mode via LoadExec). Note that the load times are quite long for this game, so if you think it's frozen, just give it time. It's not a flaw in PSIO, but a flaw how the game programmers laid out the data on the disc. They are doing a lot (like, a ridiculous amount) of CD seek and read commands instead of one continuous file stream/load. Not sure how it passed Sony qualification assurance.
Yeah, crazy 40 seconds of loading a level can be seen here from a real PS1 CD-ROM.

https://youtu.be/acnuZVOujGk?t=61

This game would be a real laser killer from the disc.

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 12th, 2019, 8:15 am

Thanks, Works on k1v2, but downloads (Transitions between scenes, video screensavers) have become really slow.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502

Post by Matt » September 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Andrey39rume wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 8:15 am
Thanks, Works on k1v2, but downloads (Transitions between scenes, video screensavers) have become really slow.
I'll try and improve it :)

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 12th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Matt wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Andrey39rume wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 8:15 am
I'll try and improve it :)
Okay, thank you, I think you 're almost on target.

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 17th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Thank you Matt, the loads have improved, everything has started to work as it should have been.