How to make the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Pal get colorful in the Ntsc-j PlayStion?

Software title information and feedback tested by customers
Forum rules
Before posting, make sure you have tried all the EXTDSP settings available found in the 'Options' in the Menu System! Also be sure to check JIRA if your game is currently not working and is already being worked on.
ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

How to make the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Pal get colorful in the Ntsc-j PlayStion?

Post by ka55 » July 10th, 2019, 8:05 am

Do you know how I get the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster (Europe) to get colored in a NTSC-J PlayStation? Because the ntsc version has a problem with psio.
Thank you Matt for your effort to try and fix the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster (USA) problem.
PlayStation SCPH-1000 PU-7 and SCPH-5552 PU-18 :D

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///

Re: How to make the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Pal get colorful in the Ntsc-j PlayStion?

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » July 10th, 2019, 8:11 am

You need to use an RGB cable, Mega Man.

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Re: How to make the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Pal get colorful in the Ntsc-j PlayStion?

Post by ka55 » July 10th, 2019, 10:09 am

I tested the Jackie Chan Stunt Patch Master Fix Fix, +3 Trainer & PAL / NTSC Selector - Sony Fixed Release from MUPS and apparently it is working. I went from the cook in chinatown and by the time I had no problem.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » July 10th, 2019, 10:50 am

You should use an RGB cable regadless of any PAL/NTSC selectors because it greatly improves picture quality.

As for the patch, you need to use the BRT one. The others crash after Level 3.

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by ka55 » July 10th, 2019, 11:40 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 10:50 am
You should use an RGB cable regadless of any PAL/NTSC selectors because it greatly improves picture quality.

But brt does not selector pal / ntsc.
Is there any way to use BRT with the pal / ntsc selector?
Thank you.

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » July 15th, 2019, 5:00 pm

ka55 wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 11:40 am
Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 10:50 am

But brt does not selector pal / ntsc.
Is there any way to use BRT with the pal / ntsc selector?
Thank you.
Not unless you know how to code it to the excutable because these cracks, trainers and video selector PPF files are very old scene releases.

You need a TV that supports both PAL/NTSC and use a RGB scart connection to save any hassle using both video formats. Other than that, you can use a PAL to NTSC converter, if you really want to force PAL to NTSC.
NTSC JP 5000 PU-8/PSIO Switchboard
NTSC JP 7000 PU-20/Mayumi 4 chip + PSIO Switchboard

PAL 7502 PU-22/Mayumi 4 Chip + PSIO Switchboard

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by ka55 » August 31st, 2019, 5:00 am

I am in the factory and so far the game has not crashed, I first applied the fix of BRT and then the MUPS to get selector pal / ntsc.
Factory is the fifth area of the game.

krisk77 my tv supports the european pal system, the problem is that the ntsc playstation does not support the european color system and because of this the pal games are colorless on the ntsc playstation. I have other pal consoles and games are colorful on my tv, only on the playstation that is colorless. To be colorful without patch I would have to use rgb or video component, but ps1 does not support video component, and on ntsc and pal-m tvs it is rare to find with scart connection which is a European standard, here what would be equivalent to rgb scart would be the component video. The only way I could use rgb scart would be with video component adapters.
When I finish the game, I post here if there were any problems.

Text in portuguese

Eu estou na factory e até agora o jogo não travou, eu apliquei primeiro o fix do BRT e depois o MUPS para ficar com seletor pal / ntsc.
Factory é a quinta área do jogo.

krisk77 a minha tv suporta o sistema pal europeu, o problema é que o playstation ntsc não suporta o sistema de cores europeu e por causa disso os jogos pal ficam sem cor no playstation ntsc. Eu tenho outros consoles e jogos pal ficam coloridos na minha tv, só no playstation que fica sem cor. Para ficar colorido sem patch eu teria que usar rgb ou video component, mas o ps1 não suporta video component, e em tvs com sistema ntsc e pal-m é raro encontrar com conexão scart que é um padrão europeu, aqui o que seria equivalente o rgb scart seria o vídeo compenente. O unico jeito de eu usar rgb scart seria com adaptadores para video component.
Quando eu terminar o jogo, eu posto aqui se deu algum problema.

NRGDEAD
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by NRGDEAD » August 31st, 2019, 5:14 am

You'll need an RGB SCART cable for that, as opposed to a Composite/Composite SCART cable.
Cue2cu2 - Python script for creating CU2 sheets via command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.

PSIO wallpaper template in PSD format.

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by ka55 » September 18th, 2019, 1:53 pm

NRGDEAD wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:14 am
You'll need an RGB SCART cable for that, as opposed to a Composite/Composite SCART cable.
Is this adapter for converting scart rgb to composite video?

My 14 TV only has composite video, but I have a 21 TV with ypbpr component video. I have a led tv that has vga connection but i think ps1 looks better on crt tv.

Thanks

Text in portuguese

Minha televisão de 14 só tem video composto, mas eu tenho uma televisão de 21 com vídeo componente ypbpr. Eu tenho uma tv de led que tem conexão vga, mas eu acho que o ps1 fica melhor em tv crt.
Obrigado.

Tobiasrieper
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by Tobiasrieper » September 18th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Hey buddy, that picture you posted is just a scart block with an S video adapter. If you plugged you're current cable into that you're just going to get composite out.

As for your TV not having scart, does your LED have HDMI?
Just get one of these
https://gamesconnection.co.uk/collectio ... -pre-order

It takes an RGB signal from you're PS1 and converts it to HDMI, it honestly looks pretty good. Not perfect but not bad for the price. Just make sure your LED TV you can change the aspect ratio (width) of the image to 4:3 as this device stretches it to 16.9

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by ka55 » September 18th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Yes my led has 4 hdmi, but it does not allow changing the ratio to 4: 3. My philips of 2011 does not have this 4: 3 option.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 18th, 2019, 7:28 pm

The guys at https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63430 don't recommend that HD Link cable.

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » September 18th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Yeah pound cables are crap.
NTSC JP 5000 PU-8/PSIO Switchboard
NTSC JP 7000 PU-20/Mayumi 4 chip + PSIO Switchboard

PAL 7502 PU-22/Mayumi 4 Chip + PSIO Switchboard

NRGDEAD
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by NRGDEAD » September 18th, 2019, 9:16 pm

One of the best options for playing retro consoles on modern displays is the OSSC paired with quality RGB cables like the ones from Retro Gaming Cables UK. As long as your TV has SCART, you'll likely already improve the image quality by going from cheap composite video SCART cables to the RGB ones.

But be aware that your SCPH-1000 PSX might still be unable to switch from NTSC to PAL.
Cue2cu2 - Python script for creating CU2 sheets via command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.

PSIO wallpaper template in PSD format.

Andrey39rume

Post by Andrey39rume » September 18th, 2019, 10:08 pm

If you play the Crt TV with support for pal, ntsc and other standards, the usual composite Cable will be suitable. Of course Scart RGB input on the TV can fix the situation, but if there is support for RGB signal (itself rgb input is universal, like ps1 multi out or on Nintendo multi out), it is another matter whether support for the device itself of a particular video signal, in this case the TV. You can view the game on modern TVs on your tube channel "my life in gaming."

Tobiasrieper

Post by Tobiasrieper » September 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 7:28 pm
The guys at https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63430 don't recommend that HD Link cable.
It's better than composite ;-) honestly I used it for a while and it's O.K for what it does. I'm not defending them or anything but for 25 quid it does what it's set out to do. It slightly smooths the image , couldn't notice any discernable lag but the forced wide-screen kills it if you can change your aspect ratio. :(

You can make your own scaler with a GBS 8200, I made one my self and it works pretty well. https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52172

You need to know about programming arduinos and a bit of soldering but it's a fun DIY project. You need something like a sync strike then plug it in to the GBS 8200 with custom firmware and it outputs various resolutions via VGA. OSSC would be the way to go but they cost £150.

ka55
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by ka55 » October 3rd, 2019, 6:55 am

Thanks guys for the help. I bought a European playstation to play the PAL games. I removed the boad switch from my 5500 and installed it on 5552 and it is working perfectly, and now the PAL games are colored.

Text in Portuguese in case the google translation is not understandable and you can use the translator of your choice.

Obrigado pessoal pela ajuda. Eu comprei um playstation europeu para jogar os jogos PAL. Eu retirei a switch boad do meu 5500 e instalei no 5552 e está funcionando perfeitamente, e agora os jogos PAL ficam coloridos.