Abalaburn black screen in story mode

Problems or Issues related to games running on PSIO. Also check what other users have found or researched.
Forum rules
Before posting, make sure you have tried all the EXTDSP settings available found in the 'Options' in the Menu System! Also be sure to check JIRA if your game is currently not working and is already being worked on.
Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: Abalaburn black screen in story mode

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 10th, 2021, 5:47 am

Solstar wrote: September 10th, 2021, 5:15 ambut i tried one or two tohshinden games and they work fine there :/
https://jira.cybdyn-systems.com.au:2053/browse/CSGC-132
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Solstar

Post by Solstar » September 10th, 2021, 7:22 am

No the ones i tried were older like 1 and 2

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » September 10th, 2021, 11:54 pm

Yuri has informed me that Albalaburn does now work, but the game had to be patched. We're still working on it since it's an early test for proof of concept :)

Solstar

Post by Solstar » September 14th, 2021, 2:22 am

Matt wrote: September 10th, 2021, 11:54 pm Yuri has informed me that Albalaburn does now work, but the game had to be patched. We're still working on it since it's an early test for proof of concept :)
Thank you very much for your hard work

Btw i just re-tried toshinden 1 and 2, and they work but with no cd music, maybe it's the same related bug? because even abalaburn started the adventure mode with no music

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » September 14th, 2021, 3:16 am

Yes, they have a very similar problem. We'll fix Toshinden 1 and 2 later.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 14th, 2021, 7:08 am

IIRC, Toshiden 1 and 2 work with no problems. Solstar probably didn't use CU2s sheets.

It's Toshinden 4 (Toshinden Subaru in Japan) which has a problem like Abalaburn.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Solstar

Post by Solstar » September 15th, 2021, 1:03 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: September 14th, 2021, 7:08 am IIRC, Toshiden 1 and 2 work with no problems. Solstar probably didn't use CU2s sheets.

It's Toshinden 4 (Toshinden Subaru in Japan) which has a problem like Abalaburn.
i am using cu2 sheets, in fact i have music if i ran those in emulator.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » September 15th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Solstar wrote: September 15th, 2021, 1:03 ami am using cu2 sheets, in fact i have music if i ran those in emulator.
Makes no sense. Even JIRA says that Toshinden 1 has CDDA music: https://jira.cybdyn-systems.com.au:2053/browse/CSGC-10

Only Subaru didn't work because of the missing SPU data.
- Paul Bowles