First timer reporting a couple things (Lunar 1 Disc 2, Wipeout XL)

Problems or Issues related to games running on PSIO. Also check what other users have found or researched.
Forum rules
Before posting, make sure you have tried all the EXTDSP settings available found in the 'Options' in the Menu System! Also be sure to check JIRA if your game is currently not working and is already being worked on.
eeeeeeee
Just Joined
Just Joined

First timer reporting a couple things (Lunar 1 Disc 2, Wipeout XL)

Post by eeeeeeee » July 22nd, 2021, 7:45 am

Hello, I received my modded PS1 from PowrUpGaming along with PSIO and installed it 1-2 weeks ago.

WipEout XL hung for a troubling 3-4 minutes on the second race even though it eventually went back to normal gameplay (audio continued as normal, but the camera switched to what looked like an out-of-bounds area, which it moved through very slowly, and then suddenly the game snapped back to where it left off)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Disc 2 will not boot (I had started a new game with the discs while waiting for the PSIO to arrive and wanted to continue with PSIO). Disc 1 seems to work fine.

Please let me know if there's anything I should try

Thanks

edit: Ok, so I decided to take another approach. I tried booting Star Ocean: The Second Story Disc 1. Worked fine. Disc 2, however, did not. It might be a problem with how I've configured multi-disc games.

I am making the .LST files exactly as instructed, both in the PDFs and in past threads here. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks
Last edited by eeeeeeee on July 22nd, 2021, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

eeeeeeee
Just Joined
Just Joined

Re: First timer reporting a couple things (Lunar 1 Disc 2, Wipeout XL)

Post by eeeeeeee » July 22nd, 2021, 8:05 am

Here are the images
Attachments
notepad++_ZYevqFfEQh.png
(35.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
notepad++_1mfIrq4yTK.png
(33.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
explorer_sF6s2KdfEw.png
(21.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
explorer_BQPMbNE6YG.png
(20.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » July 22nd, 2021, 11:09 am

WipEout XL currently doesn't work correctly (we'll fix it soon).

As for the MULTIDISC issue, check your line endings are as stated in the 'Systems Manual'.
People have had the same problem as you before. Use the 'Search' bar above to find the answer.

Here's one I found when running a search: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3405

eeeeeeee
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by eeeeeeee » July 22nd, 2021, 5:23 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed response!!

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » Yesterday, 1:41 am

Disc switching should work with no issues. Like Matt said, carefully check the formatting of your MULTIDISC.LST.

As for WipEout XL, yeah, it freezes at random with the current firmwares, and I really mean RANDOM. I once had it run for 5 hours without a single issue, but it can hang within 10-15 minutes.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles