PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Official Development, Research, Bug Fixes and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
Forum rules
This section is for development news, research, bug fixes, progress, changes and information in regards to PSIO directly posted from Cybdyn Systems. Do not post any questions here relating to your order as they will be deleted. Instead, please go back and create a new post in the "Help and Support" forum. Thanks.
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502

Re: PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Post by Matt » April 6th, 2020, 2:46 am

FBX wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 8:56 pm
It's been nearly a month and no activity? What happened here?
We're working on a new update. COVID-19 has also slowed things down.

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm

All Quiet on the Western Front.
Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that.
― Paul Bowles

James-F

Post by James-F » April 13th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Last edited by James-F on June 30th, 2020, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk_Caterpillar

Post by Drunk_Caterpillar » April 14th, 2020, 2:12 am

Bumping the thread ain’t gonna make the man work any faster folks...

James-F

Post by James-F » April 14th, 2020, 4:14 am

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » April 14th, 2020, 7:49 pm

People do have lives outside of dev work and covid-19 ain't helping things either.
NTSC JP 5000 PU-8/PSIO Switchboard
NTSC JP 7000 PU-20/Mayumi 4 chip + PSIO Switchboard

PAL 7502 PU-22/Mayumi 4 Chip + PSIO Switchboard

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 15th, 2020, 1:27 am

Like James-F said, he just asked for a WIP status. That has nothing to do with any global tragedies. Remember that the two big bugs which remain were supposed to be debugged even before the pandemic was declared. In fact, many people would like to use their PSIO now since they are locked up in their homes with a lot of free time, so it's unfortunate two major bugs still remain, and seemingly with no status update.
Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that.
― Paul Bowles

krisk77

Post by krisk77 » April 15th, 2020, 2:14 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 1:27 am
That has nothing to do with any global tragedies. Remember that the two big bugs which remain were supposed to be debugged even before the pandemic was declared. In fact, many people would like to use their PSIO now since they are locked up in their homes with a lot of free time, so it's unfortunate two major bugs still remain, and seemingly with no status update.
Yeah it does, as it has caused a cluster fuck of problems all over the world. There plenty of business's on hold or operating at half the workforce and people working from home with families or kids to look after.

PSIO still works and is usable, regardless of the outstanding issues. There is more to life and important things than just video games and consoles.
Last edited by krisk77 on April 15th, 2020, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC JP 5000 PU-8/PSIO Switchboard
NTSC JP 7000 PU-20/Mayumi 4 chip + PSIO Switchboard

PAL 7502 PU-22/Mayumi 4 Chip + PSIO Switchboard

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 15th, 2020, 2:20 am

krisk77 wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 2:14 am
PSIO still works and is usable, regardless of the outstanding issues. There is more to life and important things than just video games and consoles.
Renowned psychologists will tell that it's extremely important to have a hobby, especially in a time of crisis. Human beings can't constantly work in a high-gear mode and fear the impending doom because their mental efficiency goes down and a breakdown begins. To say that there's more to life than X (not just games, there's also more than procreation, more than work, more than shopping, etc.) is obvious because life is multifaceted. But to say that something should be ignored entirely because of doom and gloom is imbalanced and toxic.

Sony even stated that they will put extra effort to keep the PSN servers running because they are aware a lot of people will use video games as a form of unloading during the pandemic.
― Paul Bowles

tclive
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001

Post by tclive » April 15th, 2020, 6:50 am

Perspective. Give the man a break. There's quite enough going on across the globe right now and the vast majority of the PSIO library functions fine.

Speaking of games, grab FF7 remake if you can, a few gripes aside it's fantastic and a great way to kill 35 hours or so.
SCPH-7001 - PSIO - OSSC - Otaku 6 Port RGB Scart Switch

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 15th, 2020, 7:07 am

tclive wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 6:50 am
Speaking of games, grab FF7 remake if you can, a few gripes aside it's fantastic and a great way to kill 35 hours or so.
FF7R is one of the worst things I've experienced in years. After the demo section - which was polished to very high standards in order to attract attention - the game turns into a crapshow in terms of graphics, plot and gameplay.

For the graphics, there are awful texture issues in the later areas. It's covered here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/ ... nd_ps4_pro

The gameplay becomes a braindead experience, with narrow corridors, simplistic quests and "press X to win" battles.

The plot sparked incredible controversy among the fans because of this (SPOILERS): download/file.php?mode=view&id=1970

So... no, thanks, I prefer the original and if I want a modern JRPG again, I will stick with companies like Nihon Falcom.
Attachments
EVbgSWEWoAIcgSP.jpeg
(127.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
― Paul Bowles

OmenBoy

Post by OmenBoy » April 15th, 2020, 8:37 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 7:07 am
FF7R is one of the worst things I've experienced in years. After the demo section - which was polished to very high standards in order to attract attention - the game turns into a crapshow in terms of graphics, plot and gameplay.

For the graphics, there are awful texture issues in the later areas. It's covered here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/ ... nd_ps4_pro

The gameplay becomes a braindead experience, with narrow corridors, simplistic quests and "press X to win" battles.

The plot sparked incredible controversy among the fans because of this (SPOILERS): download/file.php?mode=view&id=1970

So... no, thanks, I prefer the original and if I want a modern JRPG again, I will stick with companies like Nihon Falcom.
If Takehaniyasubiko doesn’t like it then it’s a must buy for me! 😆 I take it you don’t like the RE3 Remake either?

Damn-Deal-Done
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Motto: Beer, beer, beer.

Post by Damn-Deal-Done » April 15th, 2020, 9:03 am

Thumbs up functionality for the forum would be good right about now.

Virtual thumbs up to Krisk77, tclive, and OmenBoy.

Takahaniyawhatever, take it to Twitter if you are going to start calling people toxic, they love that garbage there.
Find out what my secret agenda is in next week's gripping conclusion of... The Toxic Agenda. Spoiler alert, there is no agenda. :shrug

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 15th, 2020, 9:25 am

Damn-Deal-Done wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 9:03 am
Takahaniyawhatever, take it to Twitter if you are going to start calling people toxic, they love that garbage there.
I said an unbalanced approach to life is toxic, so stop your agenda.

Some people would like a status update* and that's all. It's not like the world stopped, especially for those who can work at home.

*Nobody asked for a new update. People just asked what's going on with the current issues.
― Paul Bowles

James-F

Post by James-F » April 15th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Drunk_Caterpillar

Post by Drunk_Caterpillar » April 15th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Good grief, the attitude in this thread is insufferable. The man gave us an update nine days ago: they're working on it. Surely there's something you folks can busy yourselves with besides the gaming equivalent of "Are we there yet?"

Chill.

You have no idea how the current situation is affecting the devs' personal and professional lives, and pestering them during a global catastrophe won't magically move this up their list of priorities. Maybe someone close to the devs is sick; maybe the schools are shut down in their community and they're home-schooling their kids; maybe the abominable state of the world is having a negative impact on their mental health and they're prioritizing self care; there are a billion and one possibilities for why you're not getting daily updates. I feel like I shouldn't have to lay this out for anyone with a lick of sense, but it's not unreasonable for a firmware update targeting some minor hiccups on a niche gaming product to take a back seat as the world economy grinds to a halt.

I dunno how you put up with this Matt but I'm super grateful for the work you put in on and off this forum. Hope you and yours are safe and healthy. The rest of you need to reflect on how you're spending your time right now, because the language being tossed around here is embarrassing.

James-F

Post by James-F » April 15th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Last edited by James-F on June 30th, 2020, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » April 15th, 2020, 8:52 pm

It's ridiculous to exaggerate as much as Drunk_Caterpillar. PSIO's firmwares are made by two people at homes. There is no pandemic danger in developing them. If OTHER factors of life interfered, then most PSIO users would like an update on what's going on. This is normal. All other companies I know give status updates during this time because some can work at home and some can't. Even if PSIO's firmware can't be developed at this time, we would still like to know how far the development went BEFORE the pandemic.
― Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » April 15th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Topic locked for going off topic. It will be unlocked in a few days when we have update news to share.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » June 1st, 2020, 11:42 pm

Topic unlocked. Please keep it clean. If it is not, I will lock it again.