PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Official Development, Research and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
Forum rules
This section is for development news, research, bug fixes, progress, changes and information in regards to PSIO directly posted from Cybdyn Systems. Do not post any questions here relating to your order as they will be deleted. Instead, please go back and create a new post in the "Help and Support" forum. Thanks.
cyo
Just Joined
Just Joined

Re: PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Post by cyo » November 7th, 2021, 3:19 am

Hello. Was there any mention of how the PSIO will interact with the WIP ODE? I think I remember Matt mentioning it can interact with it somehow? Someone please enlighten me.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » November 7th, 2021, 10:52 am

I don't want to talk too much about it currently, but yes PSIO will be able to interact with it.

tclive
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001

Post by tclive » November 11th, 2021, 5:50 am

Given up hope of this product ever being finished. The communication over the past year or so has been abysmal and every time there's any criticism the developers shut it down and lock the thread. The reality is paying customers, the majority of which are silent like myself for long periods of time aren't considered valuable (seems there's more focus on preventing clones from a minority of buyers than those who have actually shelled out their hard earned money on this product) and continue to be treated with contempt if they want to transfer the license. I'd consider selling mine if it wasn't so much trouble.

All that said, not surprised to see the "ready by the end of this year" slip to potentially Q2 2022 and beyond. And then we have to account for there being issues that require further work, but we don't know that yet because it's been so long since any promised features or fixed have been released. Does the product largely do what it says on the tin, yes, are there plenty of outstanding issues, yes and are promised features still missing, yes. I'm sure the devs are working very hard but there comes a point where people have just been waiting too long and look for other solutions. We're customers, not kickstarters. It's a retail product.

The frustrating thing is the menu system etc. blows the competition on PS1 away and, if ever finished, it will be the best product on the market. Personally though I don't have much goodwill left due to my thoughts outlined in the first paragraph on the way paying customers have been spoken to and treated.
SCPH-7001 - PSIO - OSSC - Otaku 6 Port RGB Scart Switch

whitezombie
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server

Post by whitezombie » November 11th, 2021, 12:59 pm

I do appreciate the work that's been put into PSIO but was really saddened when it was to be ready by the end of this year. Then it became Q1 or Q2 of 2022. Not trying to be negative but one can only hope we get there... :flag

lynxtosg

Post by lynxtosg » November 11th, 2021, 2:23 pm

whitezombie wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:59 pm I do appreciate the work that's been put into PSIO but was really saddened when it was to be ready by the end of this year. Then it became Q1 or Q2 of 2022. Not trying to be negative but one can only hope we get there... :flag
More communication is required, in particular this thread viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3622

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » November 11th, 2021, 3:16 pm

lynxtosg wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:23 pm
whitezombie wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:59 pm I do appreciate the work that's been put into PSIO but was really saddened when it was to be ready by the end of this year. Then it became Q1 or Q2 of 2022. Not trying to be negative but one can only hope we get there... :flag
More communication is required, in particular this thread viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3622
Updated.

Drunk_Caterpillar
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by Drunk_Caterpillar » November 11th, 2021, 7:28 pm

Matt wrote: November 11th, 2021, 3:16 pm
lynxtosg wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:23 pm
Updated.
Lookin' good. 👍

cyo
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by cyo » November 12th, 2021, 10:40 am

Matt wrote: November 7th, 2021, 10:52 am I don't want to talk too much about it currently, but yes PSIO will be able to interact with it.
Apologies.

I'm more so interested in the dumping aspect and file formats if it's an archival grade format or not with the new product + PSIO. I will wait for you to post more information whenever that will be.

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 14th, 2021, 3:48 am

Can we get a status update on the following unplayable games:
  • International Track and Field 2000
  • Abalaburn
  • Crisis Beat
  • Titan Wars
  • Wipeout XL
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

daneeall
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by daneeall » November 24th, 2021, 11:07 pm

Will be there ever implemented a convenient way to swap discs; like on disc lid open-close action (like x-station does) or button combination on the controller?
The way PSIO swapping discs now is hard to call acceptable, besides it is potentially harmful for SD card itself, SD slot and parallel port (due to PSIO constructon lack of fixing bolts)
About a year back I asked somewhere here about that, but you ignored my question. Does it happen to have any progress about the subject today, Matt?

Tobiasrieper

Post by Tobiasrieper » November 25th, 2021, 4:04 am

I have had the PSIO since the early days. I still can't quite believe that there hasn't been an update in nearly a year. I am looking for reasons not to switch over to the Xstation. I'm trying to hold out as long as i can as I do like the menu and the upcoming features sound very promising. I hope these can be implemented before Christmas, wishing you all the best.

Takehaniyasubiko
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 25th, 2021, 4:14 am

Tobiasrieper wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:04 amI have had the PSIO since the early days. I still can't quite believe that there hasn't been an update in nearly a year.
I'm shocked there were no game fixes for so long despite numerous games freezing or acting up. I'm still hopefully and explain it to myself that Matt and Yuri are just two guys, but it is very jarring that I can't play certain games for nearly a year now. It's also annoying to hear that the current firmware is stable when it's not. Games can freeze randomely. There's something wrong with the buffer data because the freezing happens at random in unrelated games from different developers (like Wipeout XL and Final Fantasy VIII).
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

BahamutBBob

Post by BahamutBBob » November 25th, 2021, 11:49 am

I installed an xStation for a friend, and it's a nice piece of kit. Will I change over? Nope, why spend money on something I essentially already have? Both the PSIO and the xStation do things I do and don't like. I'm eagerly awaiting that next firmware update for the PSIO...