PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Official Development, Research, Bug Fixes and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
Forum rules
This section is for development news, research, bug fixes, progress, changes and information in regards to PSIO directly posted from Cybdyn Systems. Do not post any questions here relating to your order as they will be deleted. Instead, please go back and create a new post in the "Help and Support" forum. Thanks.
whitezombie

Re: PSIO Development Discussion Thread

Post by whitezombie » November 30th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Awwww....man I forgot about the file placed in the folder........It's been a while! I just removed the file and it works fine with midboot. I haven't touched this since last summer. It's all coming back! Time for another Miller High Life!

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 30th, 2019, 1:21 pm

whitezombie wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 1:17 pm
Awwww....man I forgot about the file placed in the folder........It's been a while! I just removed the file and it works fine with midboot. I haven't touched this since last summer. It's all coming back!
Yeah, Midboot is great for most games now. It's one of the reasons why everybody should update at this point.

whitezombie

Post by whitezombie » November 30th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Takehaniyasubiko have you tried Final Fantasy 7? I went back to the Mythril Mines to test where I was getting frequent crashes before on the older firmware. I don't know if it's just me but I swear when the battles are loading and the camera is zooming around, there is a stutter. I'll have to dig out my PSone to play from a disc to confirm. Let me know if you see this?

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » November 30th, 2019, 11:43 pm

whitezombie wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Takehaniyasubiko have you tried Final Fantasy 7? I went back to the Mythril Mines to test where I was getting frequent crashes before on the older firmware. I don't know if it's just me but I swear when the battles are loading and the camera is zooming around, there is a stutter. I'll have to dig out my PSone to play from a disc to confirm. Let me know if you see this?
Yes, I tried it for many, many hours and nothing corrupted. As for the stutter, what do you mean? You mean the FPS drops? This happens from the CD as well. It's the same with FFVIII and FFIX. These games are very taxing on the PS1 hardware.

whitezombie

Post by whitezombie » December 1st, 2019, 4:58 am

Sorry for the low quality video but I don' have any good video capture device other than a phone. It doesn't seem to occur in every battle. So in the first video outside the Gold Saucer area you run into a battle of three of these enemies where I can see the issue. The camera transition seems smooth a real CD on a PSone in the first video.

https://youtu.be/hBFcWSSg0uI

This video was from the PSIO. Is it just me or does this battle transition seem jerky or some stuttering as you watch the background. I don't know if its just me but I swear its there and I noticed it in other locations as well.

https://youtu.be/_bZgBu93bYg

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » December 1st, 2019, 5:02 am

whitezombie wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 4:58 am
Sorry for the low quality video but I don' have any good video capture device other than a phone. It doesn't seem to occur in every battle. So in the first video outside the Gold Saucer area you run into a battle of three of these enemies where I can see the issue. The camera transition seems smooth a real CD on a PSone in the first video.

https://youtu.be/hBFcWSSg0uI

This video was from the PSIO. Is it just me or does this battle transition seem jerky or some stuttering as you watch the background. I don't know if its just me but I swear its there and I noticed it in other locations as well.

https://youtu.be/_bZgBu93bYg
Yes, there is a bit of frame skipping on PSIO. PSIO is streaming data at that point, so it makes sense. It's very similar to the issue I've noticed with FMVs. Report it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3078

bloomorte
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by bloomorte » December 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

A few pages ago, I mentioned missing dialogs in Resident Evil 3. Just want to confirm that it was, in fact, an issue with the image I was using. Played from the beggining until finding the mercenaries without any issues.

flynnz
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by flynnz » December 3rd, 2019, 2:44 pm

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone has tried Blast Radius (USA)? It's one of the only games I have run into that won't load past the initial title screen. I have tried using midboot and all other EXTDSP modes with no luck. I have checked total crc32 total on redump and my rom matches the 1aa74240.

Currently running V2.6.10, but it never ran in any of the older versions I have tried either.

Here is the cue file that was generated using PSIO System Console...

Code: Select all

ntracks 11
size      64:27:23
data1     00:02:00
track02   18:29:17
track03   23:33:71
track04   28:36:51
track05   33:41:43
track06   38:40:25
track07   43:12:59
track08   48:13:21
track09   52:31:45
track10   56:20:27
track11   60:13:62

trk end   64:31:23

Kito1984
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Interpreter
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5500
Steam: kito_2003

Post by Kito1984 » December 3rd, 2019, 3:19 pm

flynnz wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:44 pm
Hey all, Just wondering if anyone has tried Blast Radius (USA)? It's one of the only games I have run into that won't load past the initial title screen. I have tried using midboot and all other EXTDSP modes with no luck. I have checked total crc32 total on redump and my rom matches the 1aa74240.
Use attached cu2, disable FastBoot and try it in K1V1 mode. Works for me.
Attachments
Blast Radius (USA).CU2
(272 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times

flynnz
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by flynnz » December 3rd, 2019, 3:33 pm

Kito1984 wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 3:19 pm
Use attached cu2, disable FastBoot and try it in K1V1 mode. Works for me.
Tried and got the same results. But if it is working for you, I am going to assume that the last few bin files I tried are probably not ripped correctly even though the crc32 total matched in redump? (should I be checking something else on the rom?)

Kito1984
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Interpreter
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5500
Steam: kito_2003

Post by Kito1984 » December 3rd, 2019, 3:55 pm

flynnz wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 3:33 pm
Tried and got the same results. But if it is working for you, I am going to assume that the last few bin files I tried are probably not ripped correctly even though the crc32 total matched in redump? (should I be checking something else on the rom?)
It seems that BIN may be merged incorrectly despite the fact that crc32 is the same, though that's only suggestion. I created BIN using this method - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3086, then created CU2 with the help of System Console. That should be the only difference between our settings, but maybe other people can try this game too.

Also, after disabling FastBoot you should restart, of course.

flynnz
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by flynnz » December 3rd, 2019, 4:05 pm

Kito1984 wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 3:55 pm
Also, after disabling FastBoot you should restart, of course.
I really thought I restarted, however when I just tried again from a fresh boot it worked so perhaps I didn't. Thank you for your help. Such a good game!

James-F
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server

Post by James-F » December 3rd, 2019, 4:32 pm

Kito1984 wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 3:55 pm
I am going to assume that the last few bin files I tried are probably not ripped correctly even though the crc32 total matched in redump?
The chances of that are zero.
CRC32 is very reliable, and is part of almost every hardware that transfers data like wifi routers etc.
One should assume exactly the opposite, if the CRC32 of the .BIN file is correct, then something else is wrong.

In relation to PSIO, first thing first, we always check the file size and CRC32 to verify it matches the redump website.
If it matches, it's not your .BIN that causes the problem.
SCPH-7000 (x2), SCPH-7501, SCPH-101, SCPH-102

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » December 3rd, 2019, 4:42 pm

After disabling FastBoot, try Blast Radius with K1V2 as well. It should work and it's the better option.

But honestly, I would wait for a new firmware at this point, especially with CDDA-based games. It should align with the full ATV support, unless the problem with Driver pushes that back.

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 » December 4th, 2019, 12:48 am

Hopefully Driver doesn't cause too much problems. It looks like most of the other reported bugs have been fixed. Great progress.

BTW, happy PlayStation day everyone! It's been 25 years since Sony gifted us with this wonderful machine in gray plastic. Thanks to PSIO our enjoyment of this system can last for a lot longer.

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » December 4th, 2019, 2:22 am

fernan1234 wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 12:48 am
Hopefully Driver doesn't cause too much problems. It looks like most of the other reported bugs have been fixed. Great progress.
The minor ones had been fixed, but the big ones are causing issues. Driver seems like a tough one and there's that frame pacing problem which is really annoying.
fernan1234 wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 12:48 am
BTW, happy PlayStation day everyone! It's been 25 years since Sony gifted us with this wonderful machine in gray plastic. Thanks to PSIO our enjoyment of this system can last for a lot longer.
Library-wise, the best home console of all time.

FBX
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by FBX » December 4th, 2019, 3:44 am

Those of us in North America have almost another year before we can celebrate the 25th. September 9, 1995. Although personally I didn't get one until Christmas of that year.

NRGDEAD
I am a: Noob
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by NRGDEAD » December 4th, 2019, 4:18 am

December 27th, 1996 for me. The first day after Christmas when the shops were open again. I remember it vividly. There was a loose demo disc on the demo stand, and I thought it was a dummy because it was black and, of course, CDs are always silver, d'uh.
Cue2cu2 - Python script for creating CU2 sheets via command line on Linux/Mac/Windows.

PSIO wallpaper template in PSD format.