MemCard PRO Support?

Request new features or ask for existing features to be fixed or updated
Alucard971

Re: MemCard PRO Support?

Post by Alucard971 » August 1st, 2022, 2:52 pm

It's 1:46 PM in Canberra and do believe that the July deadline has been missed. No update, no unlocked thread, just empty forums and empty promises. Can't say I'm surprised. I hope that DRM makes up for all the sales lost to XStation and MODE when the update potentially releases.

BahamutBBob
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by BahamutBBob » August 1st, 2022, 6:17 pm

I do kinda miss how "active" the forums were for the couple weeks before Matt locked the update thread, but if we carry the begging/complaining/uncontrollable optimism into this thread, he'll just lock it too.

I wouldn't complain if there were a community section for "what are you playing" type threads, but if we keep talking about the update, Matt will go mad with power and lock the whole forum! (or something)

(I know this forum isn't meant to be a community, but yeah.)

whitezombie
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server

Post by whitezombie » August 5th, 2022, 11:17 am

SH13LDS21
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by SH13LDS21 » August 6th, 2022, 7:07 am

Came here yesterday looking for some answers....couldn't find any so I reached out to 8BitMods on twitter....came back here and see my back-and-forth with them linked. LOL :shock:

Would very much like my PSIO to play nice with MemCardPro, thank you.

Drunk_Caterpillar
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by Drunk_Caterpillar » August 6th, 2022, 3:29 pm

New PS1Digital firmware just dropped too. Really excited for a future where PSIO sends the game codes to both the MCP and the PS1D so that we can customize to our hearts' content.

Superevil

Post by Superevil » August 7th, 2022, 8:27 am

This really is a bad joke at this point. If you’re not going to update the firmware, that’s fine: just make it open source so we can add the Memcard Pro support ourselves.

aandrewlz88

Post by aandrewlz88 » August 8th, 2022, 10:57 am

Superevil wrote: August 7th, 2022, 8:27 am This really is a bad joke at this point. If you’re not going to update the firmware, that’s fine: just make it open source so we can add the Memcard Pro support ourselves.
No chance of that. The PSIO people are too obsessed with "protecting" their sales... For a product which isn't even for sale these days. :roll:

poopman

Post by poopman » August 8th, 2022, 11:36 am

Just a few more tweaks on the DRM!

At this point I don't even believe the update is being worked on. Matt really need to release an update this month. The grumbling from everybody is starting to bubble up. I.E, the post from the 8bitmods twitter above and wobbling pixel's post https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxVp4k32 ... HI4aC3VVrM.

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 8th, 2022, 12:28 pm

poopman wrote: August 8th, 2022, 11:36 amThe grumbling from everybody is starting to bubble up.
20 months is simply too long for anybody.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Tgames
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by Tgames » August 8th, 2022, 3:48 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 8th, 2022, 12:28 pm
poopman wrote: August 8th, 2022, 11:36 amThe grumbling from everybody is starting to bubble up.
20 months is simply too long for anybody.
I've personnaly moved to the XStation. Althought i still have my 2 PSIO and i still hope a update will comes someday for the remaining unsupported games. PSIO was a great solution but sadly theses 2 last years of delay was very long. I can understand about COVID hold things but others projects had at least one update released between. And i still hope something will come before 2023. But if i understand the new update we waiting is just game fixes and new security who is not enough. Mostly the important points are SBI (Sub-Channel) support, Lower SPU RAM Data Streaming support and CDDA Clipping fixes as they are supported on others solutions. For MemCard Pro it's not a big deal if it's not yet supported.

Also why this page is not updated since January 2022 ?
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3622

It's not a big deal but it tricks me to see nothing changed since that date.

Also i understand that securing a product with better DRM is important. But theses days PSIO is very challenged by others solutions (2 bigs ones who have all issues we talking about fixed). So if PSIO was the only solution it could be logic to secure and hold everything until fixed but as PSIO is ultra challenged theses days it's a bit unlogic to me.

AMG13
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7002

Post by AMG13 » August 8th, 2022, 4:18 pm

I'm afraid that eventually someone will go to Australia. people's patience is not unlimited...

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 8th, 2022, 10:06 pm

Tgames wrote: August 8th, 2022, 3:48 pmMostly the important points are SBI (Sub-Channel) support, Lower SPU RAM Data Streaming support and CDDA Clipping fixes as they are supported on others solutions. For MemCard Pro it's not a big deal if it's not yet supported.
Game compatibility fixes are the most important thing. PSIO is simply broken right now in that regard. Infuriating to think Cybdyn is sitting on fixes, but refuses to allow their customers to have them, despite the contractual obligation to provide 99.9% game compatibility.

SBI and lower SPU RAM data feed are important, too, but only to a niche.

SBI is just for PAL games, and few people bother with those because of the horrible 50 Hz framerates and wrong aspect ratios.

Lower SPU RAM data feed is required by only a handful of games.

As for CDDA clipping, it's minor when compared to MODE's crackling of CDDA tracks and X-station's random drop in CDDA playback quality. PSIO is actually doing CDDA playback better right now. I wish the clipping was fixed, but it's really not on the list of priorities right now.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

tclive
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001

Post by tclive » August 9th, 2022, 4:15 am

Time to move on peeps. I have an XStation on the way. The locking down of the development thread with no updates since was the final nail in the coffin for me. There comes a point you have to say enough is enough and call it a day. When the DRM is finished, who exactly is there going to be left to sell to? Word spreads fast within this community and PR wise, PSIO is shot. The sad part is it's entirely of their own making.
SCPH-7001 - PSIO - RetroTINK-5X Pro - Otaku 6 Port RGB Scart Switch

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 9th, 2022, 4:53 am

Nonsense. PSIO is a great piece of hardware with great potential because of the parallel port connection, and Rama himself will say that. X-station is oranges. PSIO is apples. You don't move from one to another just like that because people need both.
- Paul Bowles

Alucard971

Post by Alucard971 » August 9th, 2022, 6:19 am

We can agree to disagree all day, but lets make sure to be at least civil in here. This is the feature request thread for MemCard Pro support. No name calling, no insults, sarcasm. I don't want this thread to be shut down as well.

But feel free to inquire why we don't have MemCard Pro support 24/7.

tclive
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001

Post by tclive » August 9th, 2022, 6:41 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 9th, 2022, 4:53 am Nonsense. PSIO is a great piece of hardware with great potential because of the parallel port connection, and Rama himself will say that. X-station is oranges. PSIO is apples. You don't move from one to another just like that because people need both.
I agree with you 100% and I hope it does get sorted - I've just lost faith (and patience) that it will. They do have different use cases but ultimately when it comes down to playing games accurately, it's an easy decision at the moment and I DID move, just like that. If PSIO ever gets finished then the extra features it's able to offer will be a bonus.

Oh, and it isn't withholding support for the MemCard PRO. ;)
Alucard971 wrote: August 9th, 2022, 6:19 am We can agree to disagree all day, but lets make sure to be at least civil in here. This is the feature request thread for MemCard Pro support. No name calling, no insults, sarcasm. I don't want this thread to be shut down as well.
x2
SCPH-7001 - PSIO - RetroTINK-5X Pro - Otaku 6 Port RGB Scart Switch

Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » August 9th, 2022, 7:27 am

Good things come to those who wait and I'm telling you guys, Cybdyn is really working on the update.
- Paul Bowles

Alucard971

Post by Alucard971 » August 11th, 2022, 2:31 pm

Gameszzz

Post by Gameszzz » August 11th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: August 9th, 2022, 7:27 am Good things come to those who wait and I'm telling you guys, Cybdyn is really working on the update.

The main thing is that the 3K problem does not make all our consoles unusable a little earlier

poopman

Post by poopman » August 12th, 2022, 12:50 pm

Since Matt has obviously read the thread. Will the update come this year?