Supported SD Cards

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
mrboggieman
Just Joined
Just Joined
Posts: 1
Joined: November 24th, 2015, 4:33 am

Supported SD Cards

Post by mrboggieman » November 24th, 2015, 4:46 am

Well done everyone with progress on this fantastic product. The first thing people will do when purchasing a PS-IO is buy an SD card to go with it. Are all SD cards supported? Perhaps a list of confirmed SD cards and the specifications to go with them will be helpful to newbies. Presented as such:

[brand] | [size] | [class] | [UHS] | [status]

Example:

SanDisk Extreme | 32GB | Class 10 | U3 | Working

User avatar
Yuri
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Posts: 195
Joined: January 13th, 2012, 1:56 am
I am a: Embedded Developer
Location: Russia

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by Yuri » November 24th, 2015, 7:44 am

Kingston 16 and 32 gb of 10 class, and set of nonamed 8 and 16gb cards

The_Atomik_Punk!
Just Joined
Just Joined
Posts: 3
Joined: June 24th, 2015, 10:22 am

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by The_Atomik_Punk! » November 24th, 2015, 8:31 am


User avatar
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Posts: 2136
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 5:37 pm
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by Matt » November 24th, 2015, 2:19 pm

SanDisk | 4-32GB | Class 10 | UI | Working
Panasonic | 8GB | Class 4 | ? | Working

kikujade
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Posts: 96
Joined: June 27th, 2015, 1:05 am

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by kikujade » November 25th, 2015, 5:50 am

Hi there guys,

I hope this questions hasn't been answered already, if so, then please forgive me as I did not see this in the faq.

I wanted to know, why the limitation of SD Cards up to 32GB? why not 128GB? would that increase the cost of production?
PS4s: CUH-2015A
Xbox360s: Corona
Xbox: Xcalibur 1.6
PS3s: CECH-2511A
PS2s: V7/SCPH-39001, V9/SCPH-50001
PS1s: SCPH-7501, SCPH-5501(2)
Saturns: HST-0001 VA0, VA2, VA5
Gens: Genesis 2 VA3 (3)
Wiis: RVL-CPU-01
N64s: NUS-CPU-05, NUS-CPU-02
Snes: SHVC-CPU-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-02, SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01
Nes: AVS NES v2

User avatar
Yuri
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Posts: 195
Joined: January 13th, 2012, 1:56 am
I am a: Embedded Developer
Location: Russia

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by Yuri » November 26th, 2015, 12:30 am

32 GB is just what has been tested. as i have no larger card then 32GB

some tester reported about 64GB was working.

kikujade
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Posts: 96
Joined: June 27th, 2015, 1:05 am

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by kikujade » November 26th, 2015, 3:18 pm

Ok, so in theory, I could use a 128GB SD card from Kingston or Sandisk, it just hasn't been tested yet so I should do it at my own risk, correct? I need to know because they are super cheap right now thanks to the US Thanksgiving.
PS4s: CUH-2015A
Xbox360s: Corona
Xbox: Xcalibur 1.6
PS3s: CECH-2511A
PS2s: V7/SCPH-39001, V9/SCPH-50001
PS1s: SCPH-7501, SCPH-5501(2)
Saturns: HST-0001 VA0, VA2, VA5
Gens: Genesis 2 VA3 (3)
Wiis: RVL-CPU-01
N64s: NUS-CPU-05, NUS-CPU-02
Snes: SHVC-CPU-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-02, SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01
Nes: AVS NES v2

User avatar
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Posts: 2136
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 5:37 pm
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by Matt » November 26th, 2015, 3:46 pm

kikujade wrote:Ok, so in theory, I could use a 128GB SD card from Kingston or Sandisk, it just hasn't been tested yet so I should do it at my own risk, correct? I need to know because they are super cheap right now thanks to the US Thanksgiving.
Correct. The maximum supported and documented value is 32GB, though others have had success with higher capacities. So if you want to try a card larger than 32GB, it's done at your own risk as it's not officially supported by us.

User avatar
squallrs
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: June 18th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by squallrs » November 27th, 2015, 6:18 am

Someone on the forum try with a Qumox 128 Go and it's work

QUMOX | 128GB | Class 10 | UI | Working

wilykat
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator
Posts: 17
Joined: March 4th, 2013, 11:48 am

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by wilykat » November 27th, 2015, 11:45 am

I had an issue with PNY brand memory card 32GB UHS3, it wouldn't boot on power on. I had to pop the card out then re-insert it to get my PS to boot PSIO. I don't know if it's the UHS3 part, those are SDXC feature while PSIO does not support SDXC at all.

streetsofrage
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: November 27th, 2015, 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal,Canada

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by streetsofrage » December 29th, 2015, 10:11 pm

sd cards on sale here http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC ... 598&sr=1-2


I wish there was confirmation one of 128gb cards would work with the piso.

sparksterz
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator
Posts: 17
Joined: February 12th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by sparksterz » December 30th, 2015, 3:07 am

streetsofrage wrote:sd cards on sale here http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC ... 598&sr=1-2


I wish there was confirmation one of 128gb cards would work with the piso.
I can confirm the 32GB cards you linked to work. I've purchased 2 of them. Considering the SDHC standard capped out at 32GB...I'd say any discussion of higher cards working are either bank switched...which is highly unlikely considering that implementation would be completely pointless to implement with the new standard...or false rumors.

aloram

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by aloram » December 30th, 2015, 9:14 am

Two BETA testers reported that a 64GB card worked for them, but I haven't seen any posts from either one of them recently. Has anyone gotten a card larger than 32GB to run successfully? If so, which one, and how did you format it? Thanks.

aloram

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by aloram » January 17th, 2016, 2:53 am

sparksterz wrote:
streetsofrage wrote:sd cards on sale here http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC ... 598&sr=1-2


I wish there was confirmation one of 128gb cards would work with the piso.
I can confirm the 32GB cards you linked to work. I've purchased 2 of them. Considering the SDHC standard capped out at 32GB...I'd say any discussion of higher cards working are either bank switched...which is highly unlikely considering that implementation would be completely pointless to implement with the new standard...or false rumors.
Approximately how many games can fit on your 32GB cards?

No one else has any information on working 64GB cards?

User avatar
gwald
Just Joined
Just Joined
Posts: 7
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 8:44 am
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by gwald » January 17th, 2016, 2:29 pm

aloram wrote:
sparksterz wrote:
streetsofrage wrote:sd cards on sale here http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC ... 598&sr=1-2


I wish there was confirmation one of 128gb cards would work with the piso.
I can confirm the 32GB cards you linked to work. I've purchased 2 of them. Considering the SDHC standard capped out at 32GB...I'd say any discussion of higher cards working are either bank switched...which is highly unlikely considering that implementation would be completely pointless to implement with the new standard...or false rumors.
Approximately how many games can fit on your 32GB cards?

No one else has any information on working 64GB cards?

well CD's are 700MB but not all games use this so make it 350mb as an average.
32,000MB /350MB= 91 games more or less.. depending of the size of games you have

sparksterz
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator
Posts: 17
Joined: February 12th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by sparksterz » January 19th, 2016, 2:07 am

By the time you deal with formatting and adding the OS to each card, you end up around 28GB of workable space. Now I've also ripped all my games including multi disc, and tried to line up my cards alphabetically with space to add a few new ones. I'd say realistically, about 60 if you don't care about any of that. I found there weren't many games around 350MB in my library.

User avatar
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Posts: 2136
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 5:37 pm
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by Matt » January 19th, 2016, 1:53 pm

sparksterz wrote:By the time you deal with formatting and adding the OS to each card, you end up around 28GB of workable space. Now I've also ripped all my games including multi disc, and tried to line up my cards alphabetically with space to add a few new ones. I'd say realistically, about 60 if you don't care about any of that. I found there weren't many games around 350MB in my library.
The Menu System will automatically alphabetise your games for you.

RetroRepair
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by RetroRepair » February 5th, 2016, 10:37 am

I can confirm my 256gb SD card formatted as FAT32 works great.

aloram

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by aloram » February 5th, 2016, 10:46 am

RetroRepair wrote:I can confirm my 256gb SD card formatted as FAT32 works great.
Wow, which card? How full is it?

RetroRepair
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Re: Supported SD Cards

Post by RetroRepair » February 5th, 2016, 1:45 pm

I have 77gb available and 313 games on it :)

It's a Kingston card.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests