PSIO Won't Boot - Blinking LED

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Kayura

Re: PSIO Won't Boot - Blinking LED

Post by Kayura » November 12th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Very appreciated. Thank you. :D

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » November 12th, 2018, 5:15 pm

I had a look, and it hasn't arrived yet. I will check again in a few more days.

Kayura

Post by Kayura » November 13th, 2018, 5:48 am

Okay, thank you for checking! Hopefully it makes it there, starting to get nervous! :|

Kayura

Post by Kayura » November 29th, 2018, 2:01 pm

Just wanted to check in and see if it arrived?

Kayura

Post by Kayura » December 13th, 2018, 3:31 am

I decided to go to the post office to find out what's going on, and see if it could be tracked down. It apparently bounced between Europe and the US three times (mostly Austria and New York) from October to November. USPS said they can't do anything if it's in another country's system. My only option is to wait and see if it comes back. It hasn't moved in a month, so I am assuming its lost...

I'm thinking whoever made the barcode at the post office entered Austria instead of Australia and that was the reason it wasn't going the right way in the first place and continued to get misdirected. Even though I had the correct address written on the box and the customs form... How frustrating. :crying

It was essentially a dead piece of hardware, so I didn't pay for insurance because it was going to be $90. Guess I made the wrong call on that. Beware USPS, to anyone that needs to ship back to Cybdyn.

So now I have a perfectly modded PSX with no PSIO.

Edit: Added tracking info.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MFWqtD ... sp=sharing

krisk77
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server

Post by krisk77 » December 13th, 2018, 4:20 am

Jeez that is some tracking points. Sorry to hear that, yet by the looks of it that appears lost, as I had something similar like that with USPS recently last month for a item from the US to UK.

Bounced around for 2 weeks, then gets to the UK and then stops dead for 2 weeks, had a crap time with customer service back and forth getting told one thing and then another, so in the end, i had to claim a refund on the item because it was confirmed as lost.
NTSC JP 5000 PU-8/PSIO Switchboard
NTSC JP 7000 PU-20/Mayumi 4 chip + PSIO Switchboard

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 13th, 2018, 2:31 pm

It's impossible for them to get lost. We have our return address clearly labeled on the side of the box. Probably just takes a long time for them to come back to us while they organise everything.

guut
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by guut » December 16th, 2018, 3:28 am

Hi Team,

I am really happy that my PSIO Cartridge finally did arrive at my place, however even more sad that I am facing the same issue as the OP.
The LED on the right side of the Cartridge is blinking yellow/orange all the time and the PS1 is booting directly into the BIOS. Switch Board was installed according to the manual.
CD-ROM games are booting without any issues.
Even when I connect PSIO cartridge (while being connected to the parallel port of the PS1), to a PC via USB, the SysCon Application does not recognize any PSIO cartridge.

How likely is it that I have a faulty device? Is there anything i can check before send it back to You? The only thing I can think of is, that I might bricked it, because I have put all the current Firmware update files onto the SD card root. Then the first time I powered on the PS1 and did accidently power it off again.
I assume the PSIO cartridge wasn´t even recognized by the System at all, like it is right now.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 16th, 2018, 8:36 am

PM sent.

Eatitup_86
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Eatitup_86 » January 10th, 2019, 11:28 pm

I had exactly the same issue Guut. I sent my PSIO + PS 1 to a nearby modder in the states and he proved that my device was faulty. I mailed it to Cybdyn a looooong time ago and have heard absolutely nothing. Is there something wrong with the address you guys are providing Matt or is there just not a good tracking system in place to let the customer know what is going on? We definitely don't like to be left hanging and the support inquiries submitted outside of this forum seem to be completely ignored. I sent in a couple of those and got 0 responses.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 11th, 2019, 12:59 am

Ah, sorry about that, I'm still slowly catching up on emails and I think your cartridge is at the mailbox but I need to pick it up. I'll try and check it tomorrow :)

Kayura

Post by Kayura » January 16th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Oh. Em. Gee! :shock:

It came back! After three months and bouncing around all over the globe it was delivered back to me today. The box is in okay condition, the inside and the PSIO appear to be unharmed as well. Kudo's for the robust packaging! I was able to confirm my suspicion. The clerk that made the label put in Austria instead of Australia, despite having the address clearly written on the box and the customs label I filled out... Someone along the way even crossed it out and wrote Australia and it still didn't get where it was going.

Well, anyway... ROUND 2! I'm thinking FedEx would be a better choice this time unless you have any other suggestions Matt?

Thank you! :D
Attachments
photo.jpg
(186.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kayura

Post by Kayura » January 17th, 2019, 3:23 am

Hi Matt, FedEx requires a phone number in order to ship to a PO box (for some reason). Can you PM me a phone number so I can ship this guy back to you? Thank you!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 17th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Sent.