Psio install in a PU-8 not working

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
GenesisForge
Just Joined
Just Joined

Psio install in a PU-8 not working

Post by GenesisForge » May 22nd, 2021, 11:47 am

I just installed my new PSIO in my PU-8 and it's hanging at the black screen with the white PSIO logo whenever I try to boot it up.

I originally tried to boot it up with a 256gb SanDisk SD card that had been formatted to exFAT but had no luck.

I then searched to the forum and found that a 32gb might work better, so I went out, bought one, formatted it to FAT32, and had the same problem with it hanging at the black and white PSIO screen.

I then reread the install instructions, double checked my work, and continuity tested every wire and cut connection, but found no problems.

I've also tried to remove and insert the PSIO around 100 times to get a better connection on the IO port, but had no luck with that.

It's also worth noting that the PS1 boots discs fine without the PSIO installed.

I'm at my wits end here and I'm wondering if I just got a bad unit or something. Does anyone have any advice?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: Psio install in a PU-8 not working

Post by Matt » May 22nd, 2021, 4:18 pm

If you think you have a bad unit, you can open a support ticket on the Service Desk and we'll give you the information to send it back to us.

GenesisForge
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by GenesisForge » May 24th, 2021, 8:26 am

Quick update, I actually managed to track down, buy, and install the switch board into another pu-8 PlayStation. I got the same results, the system boots normal discs fine without the PSIO inserted, but can't get past the black and white PSIO logo screen when it is inserted.

Since I now know it's not an issue with the specific console, I'm going to open a support ticket.

GenesisForge
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by GenesisForge » June 10th, 2021, 6:03 am

I opened the support ticket just about two weeks ago and in it I asked what I should ship with my PSIO, like if I should include the box it came in, the SD card I used, or if I could ship the modded console with the PSIO. I haven't gotten a response to those questions though.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » June 10th, 2021, 9:02 am

GenesisForge wrote: June 10th, 2021, 6:03 am I opened the support ticket just about two weeks ago and in it I asked what I should ship with my PSIO, like if I should include the box it came in, the SD card I used, or if I could ship the modded console with the PSIO. I haven't gotten a response to those questions though.
Just send the PSIO Cartridge with the SD Card in the original box.
DO NOT send us your PlayStation console.