PSIO logo comes up but thats it

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
budgie654
Just Joined
Just Joined

PSIO logo comes up but thats it

Post by budgie654 » April 8th, 2021, 7:53 pm

hi, I have just had my PSIO installed on my PS1. I have attached a picture of the board installation which was done by a professional.

When i plug the PSIO in the parallel port and boot up with the SD card in and the menu.sys on the root it just stays on the PSIO logo on the screen and will not go any further.

When I raised a ticket they said its either a poor board installation or a bad connection on the parallel port. I have looked at the main board soldering and it looks good to me (see picture).

Attachments
PSIO.jpg
(207.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: PSIO logo comes up but thats it

Post by Matt » April 8th, 2021, 9:09 pm

Professional is an understatement. The Switch Board hasn't been installed correctly. The photo isn't the best as it doesn't show the joints, but I can see that the soldering is poor :)

This is how it should look. It's a PU-22 (different board from yours), but you get the idea. You want clean, flat lying wires soldered to the vias with good wetting and contact to the copper under the silkscreen which should have been scraped off with a sharp knife. You DO NOT push the silver Kynar wire into the vias and then attempt to solder it (like your installer did).

Attachments
DSC_2883.JPG
(147.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet