Reset Button Help

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
sontano
Just Joined
Just Joined

Reset Button Help

Post by sontano » November 28th, 2020, 12:51 am

Hello all,
I have been enjoying my PSIO for a while now. The only issue I have is that the reset button on the console does not work at all and has not since my initial install. I have persevered with it as it's not a major issue but having to do a full power cycle between games is getting to be a little irritating :lol:

I am sure that it is my installation so I have linked some images as they are to big to attach here. I have my suspicions about some pins and I did make quite a mess at CS pin 95, I didn't have any sort of magnification at the time. If anyone has some pointers before I start from the beginning again. Continuity between all points tested & kapton tape removed for images.

All help appreciated, Thank you

PU-22 Motherboard -
https://imgur.com/a/fx1Vqdu

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: Reset Button Help

Post by Matt » November 28th, 2020, 7:27 am

The Switch Board install looks alright (dry joints though) but apart from that it looks okay.

It's probably power supply related. Bad power supplies in a PlayStation 1 can cause it too. I'd suggest trying another one in your console.

sontano
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by sontano » November 28th, 2020, 10:32 pm

Hi Matt,

I tried swapping power supply's with another model. The reset button is still not working with the new PSU, but the original PSU which did not work is working fine in the other model.
I have ordered another switch board to try with another Playstation.

Thanks for your help and if you don't mind I will keep you updated?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Post by Matt » November 29th, 2020, 7:17 am

The problem is most likely on the parallel port then, but I would try a new Switch Board too in the other PlayStation you just got to eliminate the chance that it is the PSIO Cartridge :)

Sure, keep us updated as you progress.