Rebel Assault II won't loop multidisc

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Forum rules
This section is for asking about help in regards to your PSIO Cartridge. Do not post any questions here relating to your order. Instead, please open a support ticket in our Service Desk. Thanks.
Hastor

Rebel Assault II won't loop multidisc

Post by Hastor » January 15th, 2020, 12:40 pm

I'd mentioned this in a discussion about a different game, but I mainly wanted to see if this was working successfully for anyone else, as it is really weird.

First off, discs are redump verified.
I've tried multidisc files without a new line at the end as well as with it, and I've tried shortening the file names to simply SW1.BIN and SW2.BIN to avoid issues with special characters.

If I choose the multidisc menu at launch and choose disc 2, it prompts for disc 1. When I eject and replace the SD card, it says 'checking disc', but there's no activity on the SD card, and it says 'Wrong Disc'. I can cycle it as many times as I like with the same results.

My other discs loop from the last to the first just fine, using the multidisc file made by System Console. I've tried one made by it as well.

Here's the odd part - If I swap the order in the multidisc file so that Disc 2 loads first by default, I'm able to change to the second disc - Disc 1 - just fine, and it loads.

If you're on Disc 2 and start over, it will prompt for Disc 1, but for whatever reason, this game and only this game (out of the multi-disc games I've tried), won't loop back to Disc 1 on a properly ordered multidisc file.

For now, I'm just making a multidisc file that is:
Disc 1.bin
Disc 2.bin
Disc 1.bin
Disc 2.bin
etc.

Repeat it a dozen or so times and I should be able to swap discs without it needing to loop more than enough times for a session.

I could attach a slew of multidisc files I've tried - but others of the same format work. I'd really like to know, is launching this from disc 2 and looping back to disc 1 working for anyone? Or is this a PSIO issue in general?
I appreciate anyone that can share their experience or offer any insight, though I don't think there's anything left to try as far as fiddling with my multidisc files.