Generic Customer Feedback, Content and Reviews based directly on PSIO
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer
PlayStation Model: H2700/5502

Re: V2.6.29 progress

Post by Matt » September 20th, 2021, 2:42 pm

paulkakanis wrote: September 20th, 2021, 2:19 pm Unless Matt is just working on PSIO once a week for an hour while cashing his massive royalty checks and partying with supermodels on Yuri's yacht. Then FOR SHAME!
"Once a week for an hour"... lol.

Kislorod
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Kislorod » September 20th, 2021, 10:36 pm

You mean, you work a whole TWO hours a week? :shock:

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » September 20th, 2021, 10:39 pm

Kislorod wrote: September 20th, 2021, 10:36 pm You mean, you work a whole TWO hours a week? :shock:
No.

aandrewlz88
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by aandrewlz88 » September 24th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Matt wrote: September 20th, 2021, 9:36 am
aandrewlz88 wrote: September 20th, 2021, 12:50 am
Matt wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:31 am The DRM is actually being improved. The current method is annoying. You guys can do whatever you wish however - it's your device which you own at the end of the day :)
Improved in what way? Do you have any details? It would have to be a hell of an improvement to justify waiting almost a year for bug fixes and feature updates. I mean installing new firmware now takes less than five minutes, stack that up against the hours and hours I would spent playing games, I think it's clear which one is vastly more important on my end.
Please tell me in all those hours of playing, were there any games you had problems with in particular?
There are plenty of documented issues with games on the current firmware, I don't keep a list of every time I notice something odd in a PS1 game. You know, I don't really have a problem with an update taking a long time to churn out, I just don't like your attitude. You should have delivered the new firmware that you were talking about before you started all this work on security. And you shouldn't have mentioned that you were spending time working on an ODE while you fail to deliver updates and can barely get orders out the door, and you know it. So keep on deflecting, call me a hater, whatever else you do to justify this to yourself. I mean, there's no way you could just be in the wrong, right? Riiiiight.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » September 24th, 2021, 6:35 pm

aandrewlz88 wrote: September 20th, 2021, 12:50 am while you fail to barely get orders out the door
Sorry, but there is a chip shortage at the moment.

@aandrewlz88
You have also just been banned for 7 days due to unnecessary ranting and negative posting. If you continue to proceed in doing this after the ban is lifted, you will be permanently banned without hesitation. If anybody else does the same from here on in, you will also be banned. I will not let the forums be flooded with negative comments due to inadequate knowledge on the subject and not taking the previous explained situation on the matter into consideration. Enough is enough and we will not be dealing with it anymore on the forums.

sosafire
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
PlayStation Model: 5501,7502

Post by sosafire » October 2nd, 2021, 7:26 am

Hello everyone!

Not having advanced techniques on the PS1, will having the "Systems Console Debugger and PS-EXE Uploading" during the next update would allow to make a dithering option in the PSIO directly before a game launch?

(I know this is not the most popular option, but it is still interesting for a lot of games, and it could obviously beautify games, especially on lcd screen with a ps1digital, it is an example among so many others!)

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » October 2nd, 2021, 11:56 am

Yes, you can pause the game on a line break before the GPU is initialised and switch dithering either on or off :)
What's even more awesome is we can technically make scripts to do this automatically :P

sosafire
PlayStation Model: 5501,7502

Post by sosafire » October 2nd, 2021, 11:12 pm

Oh, but I did not see that you had made a news about it !! ^^
I just saw this and I believe that arrived at the Christmas tree with the PSIO ^^

Matt,Thank you for the return, the wait was long but I think it deserves well! I'm so happy to finally be able to have this dithering option, it will be fun to see the games that can be improved without! You mean once this parameter is put in the command line eg "no dithering, or off dithering" it will stay on the console, even when I turn the console off and on again? We can therefore give directives (and that it is maintained) to the PSIO, even if it is no longer connected to the PC ?

Do you think that this kind of option can be activated or deactivated quite simply on the PSIO only, without going through the PC? Like a checkbox or uncheck, such as a KV1, splash logo ect ...

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » October 3rd, 2021, 12:36 am

sosafire wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 11:12 pm Oh, but I did not see that you had made a news about it !! ^^
I just saw this and I believe that arrived at the Christmas tree with the PSIO ^^

Matt,Thank you for the return, the wait was long but I think it deserves well! I'm so happy to finally be able to have this dithering option, it will be fun to see the games that can be improved without! You mean once this parameter is put in the command line eg "no dithering, or off dithering" it will stay on the console, even when I turn the console off and on again? We can therefore give directives (and that it is maintained) to the PSIO, even if it is no longer connected to the PC ?

Do you think that this kind of option can be activated or deactivated quite simply on the PSIO only, without going through the PC? Like a checkbox or uncheck, such as a KV1, splash logo ect ...
It might be possible to do that, but that will come at a later date since it's more complex and it might break some games. The best way to enable and disable dithering would be to use the debugger to find the address offset of the dithering byte flag and then change it, save the new PS-EXE, rebuild the ISO and then have it as a MULTIDISC option for that game so you can choose from the non-dithered and then dithered version of the game :)

Takehaniyasubiko
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » October 3rd, 2021, 1:08 am

Always leave "improvements" like dithering disabling optional.

First and foremost, PSIO needs to accurately emulate the PS1 CD-ROM, so that all games can be played exactly like it was initially intended. On that note, I seriously hope the new debugger is already showing some positives on the side of fixing the still broken games like Wipeout XL and Crisis Beat.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that."
- Paul Bowles

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » October 3rd, 2021, 2:26 am

Takehaniyasubiko wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 1:08 am Always leave "improvements" like dithering disabling optional.

First and foremost, PSIO needs to accurately emulate the PS1 CD-ROM, so that all games can be played exactly like it was initially intended. On that note, I seriously hope the new debugger is already showing some positives on the side of fixing the still broken games like Wipeout XL and Crisis Beat.
Of course. Options are what make a product good so the user can customise and enjoy the product to their liking.

Yes, that is the main priority of course but as explained we need to get these new features and tasks done to proceed with updates :)