docs for PS BIOS key feature

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
sepecat
Just Joined
Just Joined
I am a: SWET
Motto: Living in the past

docs for PS BIOS key feature

Post by sepecat » August 15th, 2018, 10:43 am

Per the 2.6.2 menu system release notes:
- [Improvement] The 'System Loader' has been updated to V1.2. This small update adds the option to gain access to the PlayStation BIOS by pressing the [SELECT] button.
I got excited because I've been looking out for this feature for some time- no more unplugging the unit for memcard management etc.

I updated my menu system + ARM firmware, rebooted with START + SELECT to re-run the setup wizard and reinstall the system loader, confirmed updated menu system/arm/system loader versions in system info page, then tried to access the BIOS by holding SELECT from bootup and from PSIO reboot option, and again but pressing SELECT repeatedly instead of holding it, but I wasn't able to trigger entering the BIOS. Could some quick docs on this feature be posted? Thanks!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: docs for PS BIOS key feature

Post by Matt » August 16th, 2018, 1:36 am

You should see a screen that looks like this when no SD Card is in your PSIO Cartridge. I repeat, there should be no SD Card in your PSIO Cartridge, otherwise the System Loader will not boot.

Attachments
IMG_2793.JPG
(250.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet

sepecat
Just Joined
Just Joined
I am a: SWET
Motto: Living in the past

Post by sepecat » August 16th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Thank you, Matt! I did not realize that the system loader is only invoked when no card is inserted. I confirmed that the feature is working and the BIOS is accessible.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » August 16th, 2018, 5:00 pm

sepecat wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 1:36 pm
Thank you, Matt! I did not realize that the system loader is only invoked when no card is inserted. I confirmed that the feature is working and the BIOS is accessible.
No problem! I'm glad to hear it's working nicely now for you :D