PSIO 100% Compatible game list

Software title information and feedback tested by customers
nakions
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

PSIO 100% Compatible game list

Post by nakions » October 21st, 2016, 11:00 pm

hello

i am receiving my psio device in the next weeks and i wanted to ask the psio community from their experience which game will 100% work ( from start to end ) with the psio device please list your games and the region of the game here that have no problems at all ( no skipping vmfs , no audio stutter, no in-game bugs etc )

thank you

zredgemz
Lives in the PSXDEV Server
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Re: PSIO 100% Compatible game list

Post by zredgemz » October 22nd, 2016, 6:20 am

Doom and Final doom work, only thing i can not confirm till monday is if the system link cable modes function correctly but both were tested from start to finish by myself. Diablo works but the movies have audio cut outs but gameplay wise it works without flaw, i have a bunch of other games that seem to work correctly but untill i finish them completely i will wait before saying they work. These are all NTSC.

Check this thread http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=937 out it will give you some insight on titles that do not work, when i get some time i will compile a list of games that do not work and what issues they have on what firmware version.

What i will say is the games that i have experienced that are not working correctly are mainly having audio timing issues while others are freezing but i have only played about 70 games or so, i have not finished many but i am working on testing as many games as i can to help point out flaws to be fixed with future firmware.

Edit: The compatibility list on the main page needs to be rechecked, i know i submitted alien trilogy as not working but my solder job came undone and it was the cause of my issues and doom does work with the correct cu2 sheet. http://ps-io.com/compatibility/ Take some of those with a grain of salt as some of them definitely work correctly but the page needs to be updated.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » October 22nd, 2016, 2:29 pm

zredgemz wrote:Edit: The compatibility list on the main page needs to be rechecked, i know i submitted alien trilogy as not working but my solder job came undone and it was the cause of my issues and doom does work with the correct cu2 sheet. http://ps-io.com/compatibility/ Take some of those with a grain of salt as some of them definitely work correctly but the page needs to be updated.
I need to sit and re-test them all once we have the new firmware ready to go :)
It will then be updated afterwards.

MateriaMind
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » November 5th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Mr. Matt - I have posted a few working/ broken/ problems lists under the "Game Testing Group" sub-forum. It just applies to the NTSC-U bunch but definitely a solid starting point for you. That way you don't have to sit and boot a shit-ton over and over. As fun as the PSIO is- that was a bitch over the course of 5-6 hours testing 115 individual disc images :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=937&start=200
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » November 5th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback and the incredible amount of testing you and everyone else has been doing. It's amazing and greatly appreciated. When I've got the new firmware ready to go, I surely can't wait to see what the results will be.