Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Official Development, Research, Bug Fixes and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
Forum rules
This section is for development news, research, bug fixes, progress, changes and information in regards to PSIO directly posted from Cybdyn Systems. Do not post any questions here relating to your order as they will be deleted. Instead, please go back and create a new post in the "Help and Support" forum. Thanks.
kikujade
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Re: Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Post by kikujade » July 27th, 2018, 4:04 am

Matt wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 2:01 pm
So I saw on Facebook that Stone Age Gamer will be carrying PSIO in the fall 2018?
Correct. We are now partnered with Stone Age Gamer :mrgreen:
A match made in heaven! you will not regret partnering with them.
PS4s: CUH-2015A
Xbox360s: Corona
Xbox: Xcalibur 1.6
PS3s: CECH-2511A
PS2s: V6/SCPH-30001R, V7/SCPH-39001, V9/SCPH-50001
PS1s: SCPH-7501, SCPH-5501(3), SCPH-9001
Saturns: HST-0001 VA0, VA2, VA5
Gens: Genesis 2 VA3 (3)
Wiis: RVL-CPU-01
N64s: NUS-CPU-05, NUS-CPU-02
Snes: SHVC-CPU-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-02, SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01
Nes: AVS NES v2

XPreNN
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by XPreNN » July 29th, 2018, 7:47 pm

So will future distribution be through Stone Age Gamer? Or will this website still have pre-orders? If so, will they be opening soon? (last mentioned ETA for preorders was July 2018)

michaeldc
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by michaeldc » July 30th, 2018, 3:40 am

Matt wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 6:16 pm
I believe they were going to setup their own installation service alongside ours which we are actually going to improve on by adding additional service centres for people to ship their boards to.
Sorry if this has been covered but is there a recommended service for those of us in the UK to send our boards to so your chip can be installed. I really don't trust myself to do it!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » July 30th, 2018, 4:54 am

XPreNN wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 7:47 pm
So will future distribution be through Stone Age Gamer? Or will this website still have pre-orders? If so, will they be opening soon? (last mentioned ETA for preorders was July 2018)
Both sites will offer them. We will offer more pre-orders again soon however.

michaeldc wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 3:40 am
Matt wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 6:16 pm
I believe they were going to setup their own installation service alongside ours which we are actually going to improve on by adding additional service centres for people to ship their boards to.
Sorry if this has been covered but is there a recommended service for those of us in the UK to send our boards to so your chip can be installed. I really don't trust myself to do it!
We're still working on setting up additional installers, but I think there was one from the UK who could potentially do it. Before we send you his information however, we have to do our tests and check to ensure that they (and the rest) are legitimate installers and are capable the work and installing the Switch Boards.

Aeyesi
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Aeyesi » July 31st, 2018, 7:30 am

Hi,
Hehe... I attend to install the switch board myself, I have a proper tools and already some practice aswell.
I will possibly record entire video and if it'll be okay I may try to help someone else...
Can't wait ^^

robert_prado
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV
I am a: PlayStation lover

Post by robert_prado » July 31st, 2018, 11:14 pm

Hi Matt, how are you?
I saw the news in the main page, but I have one doubt. I pre-ordered on April 23th, can you tell me if I will receive with March pre-orders or only final public release?

michaeldc
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by michaeldc » August 1st, 2018, 1:57 am

Matt wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 4:54 am
We're still working on setting up additional installers, but I think there was one from the UK who could potentially do it. Before we send you his information however, we have to do our tests and check to ensure that they (and the rest) are legitimate installers and are capable the work and installing the Switch Boards.
Thanks for the reply, hopefully you can advise a UK installer in the near future.

All the best

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » August 1st, 2018, 7:01 pm

robert_prado wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 11:14 pm
Hi Matt, how are you?
I saw the news in the main page, but I have one doubt. I pre-ordered on April 23th, can you tell me if I will receive with March pre-orders or only final public release?
Hi. I'm well thanks, but very busy of course! Haha. Trust you are well too. Ah, please read the '23/JULY/2018' update in the 'News' page. It clearly says when :)

robert_prado
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV
I am a: PlayStation lover

Post by robert_prado » August 2nd, 2018, 6:23 am

Matt wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 7:01 pm
robert_prado wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 11:14 pm
Hi Matt, how are you?
Hi. I'm well thanks, but very busy of course! Haha. Trust you are well too. Ah, please read the '23/JULY/2018' update in the 'News' page. It clearly says when :)
Thanks a lot Matt! Just wait 3 months now :mrgreen: :dance

RetroDust
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by RetroDust » August 4th, 2018, 7:41 am

Hi Matt,
I am of the Dec. 2017 round (Order #: 3421). I am just curious why I didn't receive any email of the final release or shipping, since some others received email or notice mentioned in previous posts of this thread. Just wanna make sure that everything's fine with my order.
Thanks.

ravepants
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by ravepants » August 4th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Hi Cybdyn Team,

For a UK installer I highly recommend partnering with Dave from http://www.oldskoolconsoles.com/

He is the official UK modder for Tim Worthingtons NES RGB, and Kevtris HDMI NES, N64 RGB, and has done many of my consoles to an excellent standard. (I have no affiliation with him, he just does a really good job) hope that helps.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » August 5th, 2018, 2:48 pm

RetroDust wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 7:41 am
Hi Matt,
I am of the Dec. 2017 round (Order #: 3421). I am just curious why I didn't receive any email of the final release or shipping, since some others received email or notice mentioned in previous posts of this thread. Just wanna make sure that everything's fine with my order.
Thanks.
We are doing them in stages. It's only currently the 5th of August and shipment for yours (December 2017) won't be until the 20th of August.

ravepants wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 6:00 pm
Hi Cybdyn Team,

For a UK installer I highly recommend partnering with Dave from http://www.oldskoolconsoles.com/

He is the official UK modder for Tim Worthingtons NES RGB, and Kevtris HDMI NES, N64 RGB, and has done many of my consoles to an excellent standard. (I have no affiliation with him, he just does a really good job) hope that helps.
I think we got an email from Dave a while ago. We've just been so busy with assembling and focusing on product development that we haven't gotten around to organising the installers yet. I'll jump on it once all the shipments we are working on are sent out since that is currently the top most priority.

michaeldc
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by michaeldc » August 6th, 2018, 3:21 am

ravepants wrote:
Hi Cybdyn Team,

Dave is excellent yes, I've had lots of work done by him and it's all been excellent (Atari/NES etc) - I actually emailed him recently about this but he seemed a little apprehensive about taking it on. I'll advise if that changes but it would be great if the PSIO team also followed up on that to see if he was interested as we're clearly going to have a good few people receiving PSIOs in the UK soon and nowhere to send them to if like me, they aren't comfortable doing it themselves.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » August 6th, 2018, 4:55 am

michaeldc wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 3:21 am
ravepants wrote:
Hi Cybdyn Team,

Dave is excellent yes, I've had lots of work done by him and it's all been excellent (Atari/NES etc) - I actually emailed him recently about this but he seemed a little apprehensive about taking it on. I'll advise if that changes but it would be great if the PSIO team also followed up on that to see if he was interested as we're clearly going to have a good few people receiving PSIOs in the UK soon and nowhere to send them to if like me, they aren't comfortable doing it themselves.
Yes, there is the issue of convenience, but the main issue is it's too overwhelming for me. I get so many boards that I can't keep up because I have other tasks to ensure are done. At the moment, I've just bee focusing on assembly, which is why I haven't even replied to emails yet or completed some Switch Board installs for customers yet.

I'll get it all sorted soon. This is just a very busy time ;)

glassjester
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by glassjester » August 8th, 2018, 3:44 am

Got this email today:
We have finished assembling your PSIO Cartridge and are currently boxing it up for shipment.
Woohoo!

kikujade
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Post by kikujade » August 8th, 2018, 9:11 am

glassjester wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 3:44 am
Got this email today:
We have finished assembling your PSIO Cartridge and are currently boxing it up for shipment.
Woohoo!
X2 :dance
PS4s: CUH-2015A
Xbox360s: Corona
Xbox: Xcalibur 1.6
PS3s: CECH-2511A
PS2s: V6/SCPH-30001R, V7/SCPH-39001, V9/SCPH-50001
PS1s: SCPH-7501, SCPH-5501(3), SCPH-9001
Saturns: HST-0001 VA0, VA2, VA5
Gens: Genesis 2 VA3 (3)
Wiis: RVL-CPU-01
N64s: NUS-CPU-05, NUS-CPU-02
Snes: SHVC-CPU-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-02, SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01
Nes: AVS NES v2

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » August 8th, 2018, 9:54 am

kikujade wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 9:11 am
glassjester wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 3:44 am
Got this email today:
Woohoo!
X2 :dance
Yeah, we're getting there! I'm pulling 12 hour days of non-stop assembly. The round 2 orders will be processed once DHL picks round 1 up, and so on. At the moment, I want to take a break and catch up on all the emails. It's out of control at the moment.

iXanon
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV
I am a: Gamer, Nerd
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5552

Post by iXanon » August 9th, 2018, 10:25 am

Matt wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 4:54 am
Both sites will offer them. We will offer more pre-orders again soon however.
Keeping my eyes peeled! Would love to get my mitts on this.. :geek:
Temporary signature... :!:

zePeido
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Post by zePeido » August 10th, 2018, 12:54 am

Hi. I'm on the December orders and I'm afraid of not being home to receive the PSIO due to vacations. Can my PSIO be shipped in mid September? Thanks.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » August 10th, 2018, 11:32 am

zePeido wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 12:54 am
Hi. I'm on the December orders and I'm afraid of not being home to receive the PSIO due to vacations. Can my PSIO be shipped in mid September? Thanks.
Sure, what was your order number so I can place it on hold for you?