Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Official Development, Research, Bug Fixes and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
lord_raymon
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Re: Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Post by lord_raymon » October 30th, 2016, 12:44 am

With the new firmware I got Tekken games listed...

Tekken 3
Tekken
Tekken 2

With the old one was...

Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3

Is a bug?

RetroProf
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by RetroProf » October 30th, 2016, 12:49 am

Matt wrote:[Ghost in the Shell] works

- ARM Firmware is now at [V2.2.246].
- FPGA Firmware is now at [DBUF 31/6/2016].
- Menu System is now at [V1.3.73].
Erm... Ghost in the Shell still doesn't work for me.

Grabbed the updates from here:
http://ps-io.com/downloads/

Updated per the guide, checked the menu to confirm the numbers, but the game still crashes when entering the warehouse of the first stage.

7502 model of PS1, PAL model. I'll submit a bug report.
Last edited by RetroProf on October 30th, 2016, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MateriaMind
Lives in the PSXDEV Server
Lives in the PSXDEV Server
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » October 30th, 2016, 1:08 am

Same for me on the list not being quite alphabetized. Probably a bug. Not a huge issue.
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

aloram

Post by aloram » October 30th, 2016, 4:10 am

I found a bug in the new menu. I'm not sure if it was present in the previous version, but if you change any options, it saves them, even if you don't choose to save them. (Selecting "Back" has the same effect as selecting "Save.")

Some of my games aren't alphabetized as well. ESPN Extreme Games now comes before Einhander.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » October 30th, 2016, 5:19 am

MateriaMind wrote:Same for me on the list not being quite alphabetized. Probably a bug. Not a huge issue.
I changed it so it only sorts the first 4 characters for speed optimisation. I'll see what I can do because I need to keep the speed high in case someone adds 512 games. What I might do is place a warning message stating that "We detected 260 folders on your SD Card. We highly recommend enabling automatic alphabetical truncation to maximise performance. Would you like to do this?"
aloram wrote:I found a bug in the new menu. I'm not sure if it was present in the previous version, but if you change any options, it saves them, even if you don't choose to save them. (Selecting "Back" has the same effect as selecting "Save.")
Yes, it should save them temporarily. It should not save them to the Flash ROM internally however unless you tell it to. So, without saving them to the Flash ROM, if you reboot, they will load up as per what was last saved to the Flash ROM.

Example. If you turn off the background music, it turns it off. Same if you change XA/CDDA mode to "Off'. If you boot a game, it will boot it with it off. However, if you do not physically save these changed settings before resetting the PSX, they will go back to how they were before you altered them since it will load the settings previously saved in Flash ROM on PSIO.

aloram

Post by aloram » October 30th, 2016, 6:19 am

Matt wrote:
aloram wrote:I found a bug in the new menu. I'm not sure if it was present in the previous version, but if you change any options, it saves them, even if you don't choose to save them. (Selecting "Back" has the same effect as selecting "Save.")
Yes, it should save them temporarily. It should not save them to the Flash ROM internally however unless you tell it to. So, without saving them to the Flash ROM, if you reboot, they will load up as per what was last saved to the Flash ROM.

Example. If you turn off the background music, it turns it off. Same if you change XA/CDDA mode to "Off'. If you boot a game, it will boot it with it off. However, if you do not physically save these changed settings before resetting the PSX, they will go back to how they were before you altered them since it will load the settings previously saved in Flash ROM on PSIO.
I understand, thanks for the explanation.

I have a question about changing the XA/CDDA Mode: When exactly should we do this? Every time a game doesn't work correctly, or only if a game doesn't work correctly and has certain types of issues?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 30th, 2016, 8:41 am

Use K1V2 and then K1V1 if K1V3 freezes, and if that still doesn't work, turn it to "Off" and report the issue only it needs to be "Off".

aloram

Post by aloram » October 30th, 2016, 11:37 am

Matt wrote:turn it to "Off" and report the issue only it needs to be "Off".
Sorry, what does this mean?

eightbitminiboss
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV
I am a: Technician
Motto: You gonna eat that?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7501

Post by eightbitminiboss » October 30th, 2016, 3:06 pm

aloram wrote:
Matt wrote:turn it to "Off" and report the issue only it needs to be "Off".
Sorry, what does this mean?
There's 4 options for CDDA/XA modes. K1V1, K1V2, K1V3 and Off. If the game works with V1/2/3, then that's all it needed. If none of the options works and the game only works when it's set to Off, then that is a problem that needs to be reported.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 30th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Okay, the sorting has been fixed.

Old strncmp routines (you can see that the strings below with apple/apples are not even showing):

New strncasecmp routines (now they are showing):
Attachments
strncmp.JPG
(378.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
strncasecmp.JPG
(357.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet

fille1976
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Post by fille1976 » October 30th, 2016, 8:53 pm

i love psio,and all problems will be solved Matt,but software tuning takes time.
thats for everdrives-gdemu-rhea,i have confidence all comes to a good end with it.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 30th, 2016, 11:16 pm

New Menu System released [V1.4.22]

Code: Select all

http://ps-io.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------

===================================
  |~[Recent Changes from 1.3->1.4]~|
  ===================================
  - Fixed a bug when more than 512 items on an SD Card would glitch the Menu System.
  - Fixed an ASCII case bug in the new alphabetical sorting algorithm.
  - Added a version checking system to ensure the Menu System matches the currently flashed ARM firmware.

fille1976
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Post by fille1976 » October 31st, 2016, 12:45 am

thx Matt

aloram

Post by aloram » October 31st, 2016, 1:48 am

Matt, I seem to have found some sort of bug. I just realized that one of the games on my card is not showing up in the menu. I updated to the newest Menu System, and the problem is the same. The game is Arc the Lad, from the Arc the Lad Collection. The file names do not exceed 60 characters: Arc the Lad Collection - Arc the Lad (USA).bin; Arc the Lad Collection - Arc the Lad (USA).CU2; Arc the Lad .bmp. I can't see any reason why it's wouldn't show up, as all my other games do, and I've never had this problem before.

EDIT: I just realized Parasite Eve isn't showing up either.

I had less than 200MB available on the card. Could that cause problems?
Last edited by aloram on October 31st, 2016, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 31st, 2016, 1:56 am

What do you mean. Does it show up in the list or does it not actually mount the image?
If so, do you have a screenshot?? I need to see the exact name on the SD Card.

aloram

Post by aloram » October 31st, 2016, 2:00 am

Matt wrote:What do you mean. Does it show up in the list or does it not actually mount the image?
If so, do you have a screenshot?? I need to see the exact name on the SD Card.
It didn't show up on the list. I removed Arc the Lad and a few other games from the card, and then put Arc the Lad back on the card. I started up the system, it loaded to the white Playstation intro screen (the one that is skipped when Fastboot is enabled), even though I have Fastboot enabled, and then it stopped loading. This is the first time I ever had this problem. I then turned the system off, removed and reinserted the card, and then it seemed to load up as normal, Fastboot and all. Both games are now visible in the menu.

Prior to removing some games, I had less than 200MB available on the card. Could that cause problems?

EDIT: I just tried loading the game, and it did load, but for some reason the BMP doesn't show up.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 31st, 2016, 2:17 am

Yes, if you've got less than 200 MB on the card, it fragments and things stop working. It's happening right now to one of my cards (it has 478 MB free), and I'm trying to add a warning to the Menu System.

aloram

Post by aloram » October 31st, 2016, 2:20 am

Matt wrote:Yes, if you've got less than 200 MB on the card, it fragments and things stop working. It's happening right now to one of my cards (it has 478 MB free), and I'm trying to add a warning to the Menu System.
What's the minimum amount of free space you recommend leaving?

I formatted my card, and I'm adding images back to it right now. This makes me a bit nervous about all those games I tested yesterday...

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » October 31st, 2016, 2:29 am

aloram wrote:
Matt wrote:Yes, if you've got less than 200 MB on the card, it fragments and things stop working. It's happening right now to one of my cards (it has 478 MB free), and I'm trying to add a warning to the Menu System.
What's the minimum amount of free space you recommend leaving?

I formatted my card, and I'm adding images back to it right now. This makes me a bit nervous about all those games I tested yesterday...
Each card is different, but I'd recommend 1 GB.

aloram

Post by aloram » October 31st, 2016, 2:31 am

Oh wow, sorry if you'd mentioned that before, but it doesn't ring a bell. So I suppose I should retest all those games, huh?