Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Official Development, Research, Bug Fixes and Progress directly from Cybdyn Systems
Forum rules
This section is for development news, research, bug fixes, progress, changes and information in regards to PSIO directly posted from Cybdyn Systems. Do not post any questions here relating to your order as they will be deleted. Instead, please go back and create a new post in the "Help and Support" forum. Thanks.
MateriaMind
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Re: Official PSIO News and Development Thread

Post by MateriaMind » November 9th, 2018, 9:58 am

To anyone interested the PlayStation Classic is using the emulator: PCSX ReARMed. I'm not sure if they went in and re-tooled it or not but that seems to be what they are using. I'm going to try and rewire one of the USB cables it come with to a dual-shock and see what happens. I'm not sure why it's getting all the flack it is for it's games list etc. Every single person I know who has the NES and SNES Classic has hakchi-ed it so not enough games on it is a null point. I'm sure you'll be able to plug in a USB drive to controller port 2 to access more titles once it is hacked- (4 hours after release)!?! I'm getting it yeah- but I'm glad I got me a PSIO (again) coming soon. Between those two devices I'll be happier than a pig in shit.
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » November 9th, 2018, 3:40 pm

MateriaMind wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 9:58 am
The PlayStation Classic is using the emulator PCSX ReARMed
Code that's been worked on in 3 separate repositories and based on PCSX. Oh dear :?

Dig_dug_93

Post by Dig_dug_93 » November 11th, 2018, 3:38 am

VectrexRoli did you guys proud.

https://youtu.be/e9WUJDunZFc

Gara
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Gara » November 11th, 2018, 9:30 am

I'm looking forward to the xa audio being fixed. If you're playing on TV speakers I can see why people are not concerned but this is a huge issue for people with a sound system. An entire segment of the library may as well be called incompatible until it is fixed. Don't let it become another Terraonion.

It's gonna be great!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 11th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Dig_dug_93 wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 3:38 am
VectrexRoli did you guys proud.

https://youtu.be/e9WUJDunZFc
Thanks VectrexRoli! Excellent video and very well done :mrgreen:

Gara wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 9:30 am
I'm looking forward to the xa audio being fixed. If you're playing on TV speakers I can see why people are not concerned but this is a huge issue for people with a sound system. An entire segment of the library may as well be called incompatible until it is fixed. Don't let it become another Terraonion.

It's gonna be great!
Don't worry, I'm on it!! I'll get the XA audio sorted and provide updates about it along the way :praise

keropi
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by keropi » November 11th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Gara wrote:
November 11th, 2018, 9:30 am
[...]Don't let it become another Terraonion.
oh man why did you remind me of that :lol:
I am still waiting for other people to fix both audio and video issues, it seems FBX fixed the audio and video is in final stage or something...

d0pefish
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by d0pefish » November 12th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Just thought I'd drop in to say thankyou for developing the PSIO and provide some positive feedback so as not to let the thread become overshadowed by negligible sound issues that have been confirmed will be fixed anyway. I'd recommend this device to anyone with a PlayStation in a heartbeat.

The wait was definitely worth it and I am blown away by how professionally it was packaged and presented. Installation instructions were super clear and I had my switch board installed in no time. The batch conversion tool made short work of my game collection and I've been spending hours enjoying disc-less gaming on the PlayStation through my OSSC, it's an absolute joy. :D

psio.jpg
(383.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet

This should be the benchmark that all other homebrew hardware developers should be measured by, I've never seen something so polished come out of the various scenes I follow before, and as a game developer I am really looking forward to getting stuck in with the debugging features. :)

Keep up the amazing work, and I look forward to continued updates!

Cheers :)

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 12th, 2018, 11:06 pm

You are most welcome d0pefish :)

FBX

Post by FBX » November 15th, 2018, 4:13 am

Hey just wanted to let it be known that I'm very grateful for the PSIO and I'm glad I got one. I was just passing along that I got a lot of negative griping about the XA audio issue, but I've assured people it will be fixed. As soon as it is, I'll post the news and a new video on youtube.

Side note about the SSDS3: My bypass board fixes all the audio issues there, and I'm just waiting for the boards to come back from fabrication so I can start selling them again (sold out of the previous batch).

fille1976
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems
Seriously Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by fille1976 » November 15th, 2018, 5:27 am

FBX wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 4:13 am
Hey just wanted to let it be known that I'm very grateful for the PSIO and I'm glad I got one. I was just passing along that I got a lot of negative griping about the XA audio issue, but I've assured people it will be fixed. As soon as it is, I'll post the news and a new video on youtube.

Side note about the SSDS3: My bypass board fixes all the audio issues there, and I'm just waiting for the boards to come back from fabrication so I can start selling them again (sold out of the previous batch).
It fixes all the audio issues on the ssds3,for US customers firebrand x,i going for more then a month every day on videogame perfection website,still not availlable,its hopeless with them.
Why you don't ship to europe ?.
You said to me in an email that they wil sell them,but when,in 2020??????

Aeyesi
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Aeyesi » November 15th, 2018, 5:49 am

I am actually from europe and I am about to recieve the PSIO (yay!) ... unfortunetly its beign held at borders because they think it is some sort of game... What PS1 do you suggest guys? SCPH100x or rather SCPH57xx ? I heard the older one suffer in some sort of "color banding" ... and I am super hyped for the HDMI mod aswell :dance

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 15th, 2018, 1:01 pm

The XA audio issue is being worked on as we speak. Also, please keep non-development related information in separate topics. Customers get angry because this is a worklog topic :P

Attachments
15_NOV_2018_12_59_47_83.PNG
(53.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet

eric90000

Post by eric90000 » November 17th, 2018, 6:28 am

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up to say that there's a 256GB micro SD card currently on sale on Amazon at 51% off. Does anyone know if this particular card will work on the PSIO? I bought a 128GB card from the start but I'd like to have even more games on there :D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... ROKL5A1OLE

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 17th, 2018, 4:03 pm

It should work fine, but if it's a cheap or fake card then you may run into issues since they are sometimes not engineered nor built to the industry standards.

krisk77
Active at Cybdyn Systems
Active at Cybdyn Systems

Post by krisk77 » Yesterday, 5:28 am

eric90000 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 6:28 am
Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up to say that there's a 256GB micro SD card currently on sale on Amazon at 51% off. Does anyone know if this particular card will work on the PSIO? I bought a 128GB card from the start but I'd like to have even more games on there :D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... ROKL5A1OLE
Damm, that has shot back up to £79.99, yet for that price now, you might as well pay an extra £3 and get the 400GB version.

Lucky, I got one yesterday for £37.22 (256gb) when they were £45.00, as I had some store credit left. And yes, it works fine with PSIO. It's a genuine card.