Page 6 of 6

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 24th, 2016, 1:29 pm
by Matt
zeruel85 wrote:
Shadow wrote:DCIO was in development soon after we started PSIO, so instead of putting it to waste, we will finish it. We also believe we can make DCIO much, much cheaper, and have better options versus the competitors out there already. We will also offer USB to play images, instead of just the SD Card. We also plan to have a much more elaborate and cleaner designed Menu System.
Just a quick info. I donated some money for DCIO project a few time ago. My question is: will I be in the beta program, no matter how much I donated? Or is there a minimum donation to partecipate to the beta program?

Thanks. :)
Doesn't matter how much you donate, you'll be in it.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 24th, 2016, 5:24 pm
by andy3020
just wondering do we have any pic of the dcio also can we still pt some money down for the dcio

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 24th, 2016, 7:18 pm
by zeruel85
Shadow wrote:Doesn't matter how much you donate, you'll be in it.
Thanks for the reply. :)

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 6:45 pm
by zredgemz
Any news on this possible future endeavor? After playing some sega genesis cds iso's on my pspgo i remembered this topic and figured i would ask.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 6:50 pm
by Matt
We never received a Mega CD in the mail, so we never looked into it. We'll have to put our own research and development into it when we've finished mass production of PSIO and DCIO.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 10:27 pm
by likeabaus
One thing at a time :P. Get the DCIO finished first and if there's enough interest when that project is done, go for the Mega CD IO :P. I think it would be a pretty cool project, especially considering how old the Mega/Sega CD is and the fact that most of the units by now are going to have failing laser assemblies of some sort. I'm sure somebody would be willing to donate a working unit to you guys for reverse engineering. But yes, one thing at a time :)

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 4th, 2017, 8:27 am
by MateriaMind
I will buy a SEGA CD unit for you Matt when that time comes!!! Seriously, count me in!!! 8-)

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm
by Matt
MateriaMind wrote:I will buy a SEGA CD unit for you Matt when that time comes!!! Seriously, count me in!!! 8-)
Thanks Materia! Obviously you don't have to, but it does help :)

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 5th, 2017, 3:56 am
by MateriaMind
Does it matter whether or not it's a model 1 or model 2?

Re: Mega CD

Posted: March 5th, 2017, 3:12 pm
by Matt
MateriaMind wrote:Does it matter whether or not it's a model 1 or model 2?
We'd like to have both on hand so we can design it for use with both.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: December 7th, 2018, 2:09 pm
by KylJoy
I am VERY excited about a Sega CD optical drive emulator. Is there any progress on this idea?

Re: Mega CD

Posted: December 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm
by Matt
Nope. Never received a Mega CD so prototype work on it never started.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: December 16th, 2018, 7:06 pm
by carnews
THANKS FOR GREAT FORUM

Re: Mega CD

Posted: December 16th, 2018, 7:23 pm
by Matt
carnews wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 7:06 pm
THANKS FOR GREAT FORUM
YOU ARE WELCOME!

Re: Mega CD

Posted: January 6th, 2019, 7:06 am
by Greg2600
Matt wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Nope. Never received a Mega CD so prototype work on it never started.
D'OH! Wish I had one to send, but I do not. One issue you may have though is that the CD had tons of hardware revisions internally that people don't realize. I'm afraid the only sensible method would be something ilke the SSD3 from Terra Onion for PCE-CD, where a fully new add-on is developed that you would just plug into your MD/GEN and go. I just don't think it's feasible to install something inside an existing CD add-on.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: January 8th, 2019, 4:38 pm
by Matt
Greg2600 wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 7:06 am
Matt wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Nope. Never received a Mega CD so prototype work on it never started.
D'OH! Wish I had one to send, but I do not. One issue you may have though is that the CD had tons of hardware revisions internally that people don't realize. I'm afraid the only sensible method would be something ilke the SSD3 from Terra Onion for PCE-CD, where a fully new add-on is developed that you would just plug into your MD/GEN and go. I just don't think it's feasible to install something inside an existing CD add-on.
Yeah, basically we'd re-create the Mega CD addon which plugs into the side of the Mega Drive and instead use solid state media instead of the CD-ROM's.

Re: Mega CD

Posted: February 3rd, 2019, 11:25 pm
by bijanabedian
i get my answer thank you