PSIO for models PSONE

Request new features or ask for existing features to be fixed or updated
Kasios
Just Joined
Just Joined

PSIO for models PSONE

Post by Kasios » August 30th, 2015, 1:32 am

First of all my apologies, I'm SPANISH and I'm using the google translator because they can not write English well. I have read many post, and the truth that the PSIO device is very interesting.
But apparently it is only for models with parallel port of the PSX.
According to its creators they say they will make the PSIO for which we PSONE and those with the PSX model without parallel port. This is great, but we have given very little information.
I would like to see an outline of how it will be welded inside the PSIO for these models without the parallel port, to start studying welding we know a little, as we have to. Would be nice if you do them photos of the installation and how serious the PSIO for these consoles.
Many say that we we buy the PSX model with parallel port, are cheap, about 10 euros the machine alone, but many like me, we would like to use our small PSONE and not have to buy the largest PSX, or simply because we want PSONE and you is.
Also some say, to send the console to the creators and they install it. That costs money and you can also lose the console by the way, or get broken. It is better to have options for everyone, and no cheaper better.
Thank you and I would like to answer me the creators of this fantastic device, greetings from Spain.

wilykat
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator

Re: PSIO for models PSONE

Post by wilykat » August 30th, 2015, 5:53 pm

At this time, only the parallel port model will be available to beta tester. I don't know when the information on how to install on PSOne will be made available but I assume the detail will be out when the PS-IO is finished and ready for full release.

The creator can probably do the install service but he is in Australia and shipping both ways won't be cheap. I am sure there will be people closer that can do the install service and it'd cost less in the long run. I do plan to offer service for those who lives in USA and need help with the wiring and installation of the hardware.

I also would like to have a PS-IO in my PSOne but until the information is final I will be OK with testing on regular PSX.

Kasios
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Kasios » August 30th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Thanks for answering, I thought no one answered.
I also wish to end the beta when put on the web the installation diagrams for all that we PSONE we can do from our home. Because as you well have said, send your console to someone to do it is very expensive and difficult, so that the end is better than you do yourself, or with a little luck, your neighbor knows how to do and do not copper nothing. It would not take a year to finish the beta phase beginning their sell the product for everyone (including those who have the PSONE).

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » August 31st, 2015, 12:32 am

PSone installation documents will be available for the public release.

mooseman84
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by mooseman84 » November 25th, 2015, 3:26 am

Can I just preorder a standard PSIO or will you be releasing a different version for the PSone, and it's better off just waiting for that?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 25th, 2015, 9:54 am

mooseman84 wrote:Can I just preorder a standard PSIO or will you be releasing a different version for the PSone, and it's better off just waiting for that?
The special PSone version won't be available for a few months.

Kasios
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Kasios » November 25th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Shadow wrote:
mooseman84 wrote:Can I just preorder a standard PSIO or will you be releasing a different version for the PSone, and it's better off just waiting for that?
That injustice and disappointment.
Could you be a little better organized and have both options at once for all users, rather than take first one. Poor organization. :naughty

Betonar

Post by Betonar » November 25th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Shadow wrote:
It will be different hw or just diffrent more extensive soldering? How sd card accesibiĺy will be solved? Any chance for functional cd drive? Will you offer boards or instalation?

opt2not
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by opt2not » November 26th, 2015, 11:01 am

Shadow wrote:
Thanks for the update. I too am interested in the PSOne version when it is released.

elmagicochrisg

Post by elmagicochrisg » November 26th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Kasios wrote:That injustice and disappointment.
Could you be a little better organized and have both options at once for all users, rather than take first one. Poor organization. :naughty
What was the alternative then? Wait another few months before they release any version?...

MateriaMind
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » November 26th, 2015, 1:27 pm

Kasios wrote:
Shadow wrote:
That injustice and disappointment.

Wow- talk about damn near biting the hand that feeds!?! :shock:
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

Olschoolgamer
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Olschoolgamer » November 26th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Shadow wrote:

Will the PSIO work with the the original style that lack the parallel port in the back? Or will those units have to wait for the PSone unit compatible PSIO for it to work on them?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » November 26th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Olschoolgamer wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Will the PSIO work with the the original style that lack the parallel port in the back? Or will those units have to wait for the PSone unit compatible PSIO for it to work on them?
PSIO only works with PlayStations that have a Parallel Port.
The PSone model is not easy to install. It a special version, and it is only intended for serious 'hackers'.

wilykat
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator

Post by wilykat » November 27th, 2015, 11:41 am

PSOne and the 9000 both do not have parallel port. You will need to wire over 40 to connect PSIO to the motherboard. 40 tiny wires onto tiny spots all while keeping them short so you don't end up with huge mess or so much wire the PSOne can't close at all.

An average Joe can't do this. You are better off getting parallel port model and parallel port PSIO.

leonesshadow
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by leonesshadow » May 20th, 2016, 12:25 pm

wilykat wrote:PSOne and the 9000 both do not have parallel port. You will need to wire over 40 to connect PSIO to the motherboard. 40 tiny wires onto tiny spots all while keeping them short so you don't end up with huge mess or so much wire the PSOne can't close at all.

An average Joe can't do this. You are better off getting parallel port model and parallel port PSIO.
I think I would try the 40+ wiring wires since my PSone/ps1silm is not working with the cd drives I have for it and it will make it easier to make a ps1 portable later down the line but I may get a bit extra help in case I stuff up and I could just have the psio ontop of the lid and not use the open disc button but it would be hell trying to connect the wires to the right place. also an average joe can do it but it will a few years at least to get it done