Feature Requests

Request new features or ask for existing features to be fixed or updated
Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Matt » December 30th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Ah, what I meant by VMC is that you can save your Memory Card data to a card image on PSIO, but you can't actually use PSIO as a Memory Card. So overall it's a Memory Card Management System.

wanderer
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by wanderer » December 31st, 2018, 3:50 am

Matt wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 8:38 pm
Ah, what I meant by VMC is that you can save your Memory Card data to a card image on PSIO, but you can't actually use PSIO as a Memory Card. So overall it's a Memory Card Management System.
If you make PSIO write to an SD card and if you have this Memory Card Management System you're only a few steps away from having Virtual Memory Cards the way I meant it, aren't you ?

I would like to hear you out Matt on the feasability of such a feature : Virtual Memory Cards on a SD card. A set of two blank Virtual Memory Cards that would be created on the SD card each time a game is launched for the first time. PSIO would place and seperate these sets of Virtual Memory Cards into folders. Those folders would have the names of the games they are meant for. PSIO would "mount" the right set of Virtual Memory Cards for the game we decide to launch.

I know I'm being insistent with this feature request but it's really got to be one of the neatest feature we could ever request. On the PS2 hacking scene there's this PS1 game Launcher called Popstarter which already does it (except it is with USB sticks, internal HDD or SMB) and it's so convenient.

solidcore
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by solidcore » January 1st, 2019, 9:48 am

Regarding save management and ps1 memory card emulation I’m happy to see them both. in the end but ultimately having the ability to manage saves even to and from sd card would be absolutely beneficial . My wife usually runs out of memory card space and if it was possible for her to simply boot the PSIO up - transfer saves from sd to card slot and vice versa by “copying” the data to and from then I think we would have a winner it would perhaps help to represent date time and name of iso on both with two sides ( sd on the left , psx on the right ) and simply selecting icons in the centre to copy left / right etc ?

Anyway I’m aware the primary goal is game cmpatibility of course but I think as a secondary goal this is one of them .

Lastly the game covers as menu would be awesome and while sd card space may well be used for the images this is negligible anyway in in libpng png format.

cargo

Post by cargo » January 12th, 2019, 6:23 am

For what it's worth I use an old Dexdrive I bought way back then for my memory card saves and backup needs. I connect the Dexdrive to my Windows 10 with a USB to Serial adapter. I use a free software utility called Dexter but there are a few alternatives out there that work just as well. I know people usually get very critical about this sort of stuff but to me the Dexdrive has made it easy to manage my saves and save them on my Windows 10 laptop.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love if the PSIO could do this but if you want something for now (other than buying a bunch of memory cards) then I would definitely look into this.

wanderer
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by wanderer » January 13th, 2019, 9:42 pm

cargo wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 6:23 am
For what it's worth I use an old Dexdrive I bought way back then for my memory card saves and backup needs. I connect the Dexdrive to my Windows 10 with a USB to Serial adapter. I use a free software utility called Dexter but there are a few alternatives out there that work just as well. I know people usually get very critical about this sort of stuff but to me the Dexdrive has made it easy to manage my saves and save them on my Windows 10 laptop.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love if the PSIO could do this but if you want something for now (other than buying a bunch of memory cards) then I would definitely look into this.
Another way to transfer your PS1 saves to your PC would be to use a PS2 console and uLaunchELF's FTP feature. If you have a way to boot uLaunchELF on your PS2 console you could plug your PS1 MC to it and then use an ethernet cable and FileZilla to make the transfer over to your PC.

Edit : or you could just use a usb key and ulaunchELF.

Betonar

Post by Betonar » January 19th, 2019, 7:39 am

To transfwer saves to PC from memorycard. One can use BlisBox PSX adapter + multitap. Havent tried it et myself but company who sell these claim transfers of saves are supported

Anapan
Just Joined
Just Joined
PlayStation Model: PU-22

Post by Anapan » Yesterday, 1:42 pm

Huh, I didn't know the Blissbox could do that - Neat. Ulao's always making improvements to his firmware.
The best 3rd party Playstation memory card device I ever bought was a Memor 32. It's a 32GB PS2 memory card with a mini-usb port on the side. You can install freemcboot on it directly from your PC, and transfer saves on or off of it. You can then use a PS2 to move files on or off of a PS1 memory card using the PS2's internal savegame manager. It took a lot of searching to figure out that PS1 saves are handled internally on the Memor32 by the card as compressed .zip files. I just checked and they are still available to buy; I've successfully ordered hardware from shop01media.com before.