Feature Requests

Request new features or ask for existing features to be fixed or updated
Yuri
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Embedded Developer

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Yuri » December 11th, 2015, 6:15 am

Yeah, maybe more easier than on PSIO side. well, maybe i'll start updates from such option.

lovewiibrew
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator

Post by lovewiibrew » December 11th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Lordfenixnc wrote:
cybdyn wrote:it's just not simple feature, we need more time, more tests. it's similar to multi-disc support, as it works in same way, to open mutliply files.
if there is more request from PSIO owners, i can try. but no promises.
If I understand correctly you can load multi disc games from your pc using the usb. Would it be possible to do the same with multi bin games?? If not would it be easier to implement from the pc. Im fine with that kind of work around.
I believe I speak for most users when I say we hope that will be done on the PSIO side. My gaming room is downstairs and my computer upstairs.

Yuri
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Embedded Developer

Post by Yuri » December 11th, 2015, 6:47 pm

i dont wanna give big promises, but i'll start working on these options .. close to end of DEC / start of JAN.

Lordfenixnc
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Lordfenixnc » December 12th, 2015, 6:46 am

lovewiibrew wrote:
Lordfenixnc wrote:
cybdyn wrote:it's just not simple feature, we need more time, more tests. it's similar to multi-disc support, as it works in same way, to open mutliply files.
If I understand correctly you can load multi disc games from your pc using the usb. Would it be possible to do the same with multi bin games?? If not would it be easier to implement from the pc. Im fine with that kind of work around.
I believe I speak for most users when I say we hope that will be done on the PSIO side. My gaming room is downstairs and my computer upstairs.
Was only thinking of it as a bandaid.... they can always do both. Please do both lol.

elmagicochrisg

Post by elmagicochrisg » December 12th, 2015, 8:56 am

lovewiibrew wrote:I believe I speak for most users when I say we hope that will be done on the PSIO side. My gaming room is downstairs and my computer upstairs.
I believe so too. If I have to connect the thing to a PC too I'm seriously gonna wonder why I even bother playing them on original hardware at all. Not only is it not convenient, but you have to ask yourself how far can you go and still be able to call it 'playing on original hardware'...

Lordfenixnc
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Lordfenixnc » December 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Im sorry that my whole setup is built around my pc and dont want a stack of sd cards or to play the transfer game when I can access my whole collection from pc. Now I do understand what you guys are worried about and lets remember something.... this team has made something that wasnt intended for that port... the fact we got this far is impressive.... also I only suggested from the p as a bandaid till they can figure it out on the psio side.... but remember they are going out of thier way to make it possible to play someone elses rips.... I would suggest accept this for what it is and start making your own single bin images, wait for someone else to do it. Or move on...

To the devs... thank you for what you have done look forward to all titles supported no matter the format... looking forward to your dcio cdio and sio... please consider usb hard drive support for them along with sd card....

elmagicochrisg

Post by elmagicochrisg » December 12th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Calm down Lord, I'm just giving them my opinion.

No way for the devs to know how we feel about things if we don't tell them.

Lordfenixnc
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Lordfenixnc » December 13th, 2015, 9:11 am

Wasn't trying to be harsh... just pointing out what. could be a temp fix or only fix.... sorry if its a deal breaker. Tbh ill be happy if they just ironed out the game compatibility first... then formats

elmagicochrisg

Post by elmagicochrisg » December 13th, 2015, 11:36 am

Lordfenixnc wrote:Wasn't trying to be harsh... just pointing out what. could be a temp fix or only fix.... sorry if its a deal breaker. Tbh ill be happy if they just ironed out the game compatibility first... then formats
It's not a deal breaker since I already ordered one.

Doesn't mean I don't want it to be as compatible and convenient as possible.

I'm pretty confident they'll look into it though once the first and second batch are assembled and shipped.

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 » December 13th, 2015, 5:26 pm

lovewiibrew wrote:
Lordfenixnc wrote:
Ditto.

sparksterz
PSIO Donator
PSIO Donator

Post by sparksterz » December 15th, 2015, 4:58 am

Obviously they're working on it...this is probably the most requested feature.

skinnyv
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by skinnyv » January 10th, 2016, 4:11 pm

It would be nice if we could put all the covers art image in a cover folder and have the PSIO match the game SLUS ID to the correct cover art.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » January 10th, 2016, 6:35 pm

skinnyv wrote:It would be nice if we could put all the covers art image in a cover folder and have the PSIO match the game SLUS ID to the correct cover art.
We could do that, but I've then got to program the entire PSX library in which is a real pain.
It's easier to just add the cover art you need.

skinnyv
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by skinnyv » January 12th, 2016, 1:05 pm

The psx slus database is not so huge, it would be easy to import from already available database. Of course it take less time to implement a feature than to do it manually, but you got to also consider the amount of combined time people will win with such a feature checking for cover. People could just download a database of all the cover arts like they are already sharing on the forum, put it in the cover folder on their sd card and never have to touch it again.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » January 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm

skinnyv wrote:The psx slus database is not so huge, it would be easy to import from already available database. Of course it take less time to implement a feature than to do it manually, but you got to also consider the amount of combined time people will win with such a feature checking for cover. People could just download a database of all the cover arts like they are already sharing on the forum, put it in the cover folder on their sd card and never have to touch it again.
Well let's break it down more. The database will need to:

A) Compress well and fit in the PSX memory (I'm really pushing it as it is),
b) Be high speed for quick access,
C) Be easy to update.

It's not as simple as just writing all the SLUS/SCES numbers to a text file :P
The problem is speed. The PSX throughput isn't the greatest so it's cumbersome.
Above that, the libraries need to be recoded since the PSX is limited to 30 entries per directory.

It's more of an experimental task.
I seriously don't agree with doing it as the Menu System will slow down greatly.

nightrnr

Post by nightrnr » February 22nd, 2016, 4:28 pm

I could care less about adding cover art to the main menu. I'm impressed that you can even add "bmp" art to the games when you select them individually.
But as for browsing the main game list, speed trumps beauty every time.

My request (and forgive me if this has been addressed) is to be able to add your own menu music. Nothing wrong with the stock audio, but it would be cool to customize the choice.

But 1st thing's 1st, multi-disc.

zredgemz
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
Lives in the Cybdyn Systems Server
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by zredgemz » March 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

I have been thinking about maybe if you can add some sort of manual feature for each game sort of like a pdf that you can look at before you start a game, i dunno if this can be done but it would be nice. I would only suggest doing this after major things like game compatibility,bugs,etc assuming it could be done. Anyways i am really loving multidisc support it seems to have turned out well so far.

awesum
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by awesum » October 7th, 2016, 2:22 am

Hi---I'm interested in eventual support for loading *.VCD disc images with PSIO (*.VCD is the file format used for playing PS1 images on PS2 via the POPStarter emulator). Converting back and forth between bin/cue and *.VCD is straightforward but time consuming for a large library, and it would be convenient to swap a single SD card between the two consoles to play the same image set.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » October 9th, 2016, 9:26 am

We won't be adding this feature sorry.

MateriaMind
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
/// CYBDYN SYSTEMS ELITE ///
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » October 9th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Understandable. I'm just concerned about the majority of games being able to be playable. VCD is too niche of a feature I'd think to really invest the effort of programming etc if it were even possible. All these SD card units for all these old consoles is awesome. Truly beats paying out the ass to price gougers (as I've mentioned a million times before). Besides, once I'm dead- can't take a cool collection with me. :mrgreen:
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"