Ordering on 25 and next?

Request new features or ask for existing features to be fixed or updated
cflam74
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Ordering on 25 and next?

Post by cflam74 » October 27th, 2016, 8:26 am

Hi
Ordering on 25 october..and Status is on processing.
How long it still processing?

Thanks..

samspin
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV
I am a: Tinkerer, gamer, solderer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Re: Ordering on 25 and next?

Post by samspin » October 27th, 2016, 8:41 am

Judging by prior order schedules on the news page http://ps-io.com/news/ you're probably looking around next month or nearer christmas time, though this might have improved as PS-IO had so many backorders to deal with awhile ago. The circuit boards will already be prepared, but have to be put inside the cartridge cases, someone correct me if I'm wrong? I personally don't mind this, with a high quality product that is not yet in mass production this is to be expected. But I can appreciate that might be frustrating for anyone who hasn't been watching development closely.

aloram

Post by aloram » October 27th, 2016, 9:43 am

Based on my experience and what I've read on this forum, I think you should expect to receive your PSIO in a couple months. It also depends on where you're located; they ship from Australia.
Last edited by aloram on October 27th, 2016, 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

samspin
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by samspin » October 27th, 2016, 10:28 am

*nods* Yes, so for now, take the time to decide what model Playstation you will be using your PS-IO with. I'm going to take the time during the wait to prepare which console I will be using PS-IO with. I want to be able to play both NTSC and PAL titles. I have previously modded the main board of an SCPH-1002 to be able to support both, however prior experience using a mod-chip on this board tells me that an MM3 chip struggles with 'stealth mode'. I have found that SCPH-7002 and above tend to be supported much better for 'stealth mode' by MM3 chips, but require a lot more work to support both NTSC and PAL titles. A simple color-mod to force the console to work at 60hz constantly causes some timing issues and I'm a bit of a perfectionist! I would ideally like to have one console with the best of everything- an MM3 modded board that supports stealth, plus the PS-IO cartridge in the back. Although ideally the PS-IO cartridge would support each and every game there is, I'd like the option of discs incase it doesn't support a particular game. I have to plan ahead for this because any console I use the PS-IO cartridge with will require the switch board installing first, and I get only one with the cartridge. I have complete confidence in my ability to install the switch board that but I'd rather not move it from one main board to another, I want to get it right first time. All this... will... take... time... I do have a DTL-H1202 (debug console) that naturally plays everything disc-based with both NTSC and PAL oscillators installed, but I'd really not like to take a knife to this gem to install a switch board on it. Yes, I know it's sentimental as the only difference between that one and a usual SCPH-1002 is the CD ROM firmware but still, it is still considered a collector's item. The only reason I dared install the missing oscillator in it was because I saw scrape marks where the space was, implying that it *used* to be a DTL-H3002 (Net Yaroze) but Sony removed the oscillator and swapped the CD ROM firmware chip and stuck it in a green case, since it has brown residue around that area... all I did was re-add it!

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » October 27th, 2016, 3:27 pm

cflam74 wrote:Hi
Ordering on 25 october..and Status is on processing.
How long it still processing?

Thanks..
You can expect PSIO to arrive during late December (just in time hopefully for Christmas). Please give the Terms and Conditions a read since it's all explained in there at the very top :)

samspin
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by samspin » October 28th, 2016, 10:21 am

Just found this to answer my own question. An SCPH-7502 will suffice, with a dual-mode oscillator: http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5744.0 Might take me awhile to source the parts and build it, but hell it'll be worth it! Hmm... who am I talking to, I am dreadfully sorry I've diverted from the original topic :(

cflam74
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Post by cflam74 » December 3rd, 2016, 8:40 pm

Hey ..

Status --- Assembling your PSIO Cartridge... --- GREAT NEWS :) :)

MateriaMind
Lives in the PSXDEV Server
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » December 4th, 2016, 3:43 am

On launch I had had to wait 2-3 months upon receipt. The wait overall was more than well worth it.
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » December 4th, 2016, 3:00 pm

I personally hand assemble each cartridge from scratch. It takes a lot of work and time, but next year this process will become more industrialised to generate more stock in a considerable lesser amount of time.

kikujade
Active around PSXDEV
Active around PSXDEV

Post by kikujade » December 28th, 2016, 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:I personally hand assemble each cartridge from scratch. It takes a lot of work and time, but next year this process will become more industrialised to generate more stock in a considerable lesser amount of time.
Hi Matt!

Not long ago my girlfriend was trying to find a PS-IO as a christmas present for me, since she knew how badly I wanted one, and she came across this scalper who has several of them (more than 4 I think). It turns out he is reselling them at the equivalent of $333 US dollars. Naturally, she didn't buy one as we don't have that kind of money, but it ocurred to me to make a suggestion: Perhaps it would be a good idea to limit purchases to 1-2 per person? I mean you can never truly get rid of these opportunist resellers, but at least you can try to slow them down by limiting purchases per account, credit card and shipping address.

Anyways, just a thought, let me know what you think of this experience.
PS4s: CUH-2015A
Xbox360s: Corona
Xbox: Xcalibur 1.6
PS3s: CECH-2511A
PS2s: V6/SCPH-30001R, V7/SCPH-39001, V9/SCPH-50001
PS1s: SCPH-7501, SCPH-5501(3), SCPH-9001
Saturns: HST-0001 VA0, VA2, VA5
Gens: Genesis 2 VA3 (3)
Wiis: RVL-CPU-01
N64s: NUS-CPU-05, NUS-CPU-02
Snes: SHVC-CPU-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-01, SNS-CPU-GPM-02, SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01
Nes: AVS NES v2

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » December 28th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately there are people who will do this, but oddly enough, I don't understand why they do it though since we will soon be offering wholesale bulk orders at lower costs, which is intended for other businesses to retail and sell them in their own stores. This will make acquiring PSIO much easier.

I should mention that all serial numbers are in our database, which we use for warranty reasons. If you purchase a cartridge from a scalper, the warranty is void. I believe you are right though. We should limit a maximum of 2 units per customer to help avoid this issue until the wholesale/bulk ordering system is available.

cflam74
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Post by cflam74 » March 10th, 2017, 1:07 am

Approaching :)

Processing your PSIO Cartridge for Shipment...

That's a good news...

cflam74
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Post by cflam74 » March 16th, 2017, 6:01 am

On the way :)

MateriaMind
I am a: Nurse
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by MateriaMind » March 27th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Enjoy your PSIO!!! The patience game may be a bitch, but you'll be playing much better games here shortly. :)
"What is a man?!? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

cflam74
Interested in PSXDEV
Interested in PSXDEV

Post by cflam74 » March 28th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Hi,
Receiving today...

Thanks to all team...