DHL Timeframe?

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
NewYears1978

DHL Timeframe?

Post by NewYears1978 » November 20th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Once a package arrives in the States, what is the normal timeframe before it moves?

Mine arrived here on the 10th but since there has been no additional tracking or local carrier information.

Order #4249 (for Mainboard) - sadly my PSIO was sent a few weeks after so still waiting on that one to arrive :D

Thanks in advance..I don't do international shipping much..I figured a couple weeks it would be here but since it hasn't moved I was concerned.

ilovellamafood
Just Joined
Just Joined
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Re: DHL Timeframe?

Post by ilovellamafood » November 21st, 2018, 1:06 am

My package arrived in the states on the 8th and was delivered to my door on the 17th. Just the PSIO. With customs and black friday coming up, the date you receive could vary widely.

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 » November 21st, 2018, 4:55 am

I just got it this morning (the Mainboard)

I guess it just takes about 2 weeks and there's not really any tracking once it arrives here.

yannis

Post by yannis » November 26th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Thought I'd muscle in here rather than create a new topic - has anybody in the UK had their PSIO delivered? If so, how long did it take?

Last update I had on DHL was October 26, saying it was heading to the distribution centre. That status remained (must have been a long drive) until a couple of weeks ago when... well, everything disappeared. I've now been seeing this message for about two weeks:

"No Results
We wish to inform you that a number of packages may experience delayed or missing tracking information. Continue to check this tracking page for the latest update. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may cause."

So we're over a month since posting, I have zero tracking data, and I've not had anything through the door. God DHL are great.

KarlG
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

Post by KarlG » November 27th, 2018, 5:56 am

Mine took almost a month to arrive. It was actually delivered by Royal Mail and was being held at the sorting office due to custom fees. So try your tracking on the royal mail website instead.

yannis

Post by yannis » November 27th, 2018, 6:14 am

KarlG wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 5:56 am
Mine took almost a month to arrive. It was actually delivered by Royal Mail and was being held at the sorting office due to custom fees. So try your tracking on the royal mail website instead.
Good shout, but it's a no - RM doesn't recognise the number. Ditto 17track, which can usually track any/everything.

I mean, I'm assuming it is in some customs limbo right now, but I've had nothing through the door telling me as such and I've no way to find out where it is. So I feel a mite stuck.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » November 27th, 2018, 12:01 pm

What was your order number 'yannis'?

yannis

Post by yannis » November 27th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Matt wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 12:01 pm
What was your order number 'yannis'?

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 » November 28th, 2018, 11:52 am

Good ol international shipping. Hope everyone rec their stuff soon :). Me included. I’m in the waiting phase now for my PSIO but at least it’s in the states. Maybe a couple weeks I hope. Meanwhile I twiddled my thumbs on buying an add card and of course today they went up from 29 to 39 for the 300gb Sandisk. Doh.! Christmas demand I guess. Or tariff changes

DaveGeorge81
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by DaveGeorge81 » November 29th, 2018, 4:19 am

For me, my tracking number changed when it arrived in Sweden. I had to get the german dhl-site to email me the full shipping process to find out the new tracking number. New carrier: Swedish PostNord... Naturally it was stuck in customs (as everything from outside EU does now thanks to Wish and other Chinese shops).

yannis

Post by yannis » November 30th, 2018, 3:02 am

DaveGeorge81 wrote:
November 29th, 2018, 4:19 am
For me, my tracking number changed when it arrived in Sweden. I had to get the german dhl-site to email me the full shipping process to find out the new tracking number. New carrier: Swedish PostNord... Naturally it was stuck in customs (as everything from outside EU does now thanks to Wish and other Chinese shops).
I'll try that, see if DHL can update. I assume it's the same thing - a changed tracking number.

yannis

Post by yannis » November 30th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Aaaaand that's a no:

"Please accept our apologies, the tracking number that you’ve supplied is not recognised.

We are unable to track using name, address or sender reference. If you are able to contact the shipper to obtain the correct tracking number for your shipment we would be happy to assist."

yannis

Post by yannis » December 5th, 2018, 12:27 am

So I've been seeing the 'no results' screen on DHL for about three or four weeks now, DHL themselves can't help me because they don't recognise the tracking code (?!), and Matt's not replied here after asking for my order number, or to a DM sent the other day.

You'll have to forgive me for losing confidence in this adventure in shipping.

Can I get any kind of update so I know what's going on please? I'm well aware it's likely stuck in customs, but I may need to know a different tracking code so I can find out about it and possibly proactively pay a fee rather than wait for DHL to not deliver it and return it to sender.

And you know what's making me more antzy about this? The PlayStation Classic being a total skip fire of a device. I'm craving some proper PlayStation action.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 5th, 2018, 1:22 am

Sorry about that. Been very busy. I will call DHL tomorrow for you and check this :)

The PS Classic is terrible compared to PSIO. I cancelled my pre-order. I have to give in and say that Nintendo did a much better job with their classic range instead. Tekken 3 dropping frames and Ridge Racer with SPU glitches? I don't think so Sony. If I kept my pre-order, I'd be paying $150 AUD to use the console as a place to rest my coffee in the mornings and use the 2 controllers on my PC with the XEBRA emulator instead.

What Sony should have done is hired NO$CASH to port NO$PSX. That man could have hand written his entire emulator with perfect emulation in raw ARM assembler and added a plethora of additional features like a scanline filter for starters. Just my-two-cents.

yannis

Post by yannis » December 5th, 2018, 2:10 am

Matt wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 1:22 am
Sorry about that. Been very busy. I will call DHL tomorrow for you and check this :)
No worries, keep me posted!
The PS Classic is terrible compared to PSIO. I cancelled my pre-order. I have to give in and say that Nintendo did a much better job with their classic range instead. Tekken 3 dropping frames and Ridge Racer with SPU glitches? I don't think so Sony. If I kept my pre-order, I'd be paying $150 AUD to use the console as a place to rest my coffee in the mornings and use the 2 controllers on my PC with the XEBRA emulator instead.

What Sony should have done is hired NO$CASH to port NO$PSX. That man could have hand written his entire emulator with perfect emulation in raw ARM assembler and added a plethora of additional features like a scanline filter for starters. Just my-two-cents.
It's a shocker. I don't like to call people lazy, because it assumes a lot of knowledge about coding/business that I don't have first-hand experience of... but the PS Classic is lazy. Sony has totally screwed it up, but it'll make a quick buck from those it's aimed at: people who haven't played any games since they owned a PlayStation 20-odd years ago. Quick nostalgia fix for Christmas, done.

Also seeing how the PSC has been 'hacked' already has me giggling. Plug in USB keyboard, press escape, unlock all the emulation options being hidden from you. CRACKING THE CODE.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 5th, 2018, 2:45 am

I agree, it takes knowledge to design something like that of course, but what Sony made here probably took them 8 months worth of work right there maximum. What they have made is basically a Raspberry Pi with Linux possibly running and some Flash ROM stuck on the circuit board with pre-loaded games for $150 running a fork of a fork of a fork of an open source emulator. No thanks.

• If you don't know what a fork is, it's subversion terminology which means that a projects code was copied so it could be worked on by a new programmer. In this case, PCSX started in the year 2003

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 » December 5th, 2018, 3:18 am

Agree with you guys on the PS1 Classic. What a cash grab piece of junk.

I love the look of the classic consoles but I am glad to use my real consoles NES/SNES and PS1 (among others)

Everdrive, SD2SNES and now PSIO...man am excited!

I just took the plunge and dropped my CRT for an OSSC and modern monitor..waiting on that thin got arrive, hopefully I Like it.

I did not like the Framemeister. (Wow sorry for being so off topic lol)

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 5th, 2018, 3:47 am

I ordered an OSSC a few days ago too so I can do some capture card footage of PSIO for our YouTube channel. Just waiting for it in the mail :)

yannis

Post by yannis » December 5th, 2018, 8:37 am

I've had one a couple of years, they're brilliant. Don't even notice it's there these days, which I take as a very good thing when I'm just trying to make stuff work on my new TV.

(lots of settings to mess about with etc etc, but I sit on a lot of defaults, ah well)

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » December 5th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Okay, I've opened an investigation regarding order 3304. Looks like the tracking number wasn't updated or they lost it for some reason.