Can't upgrade or boot PSIO

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
NoWayOut
Just Joined
Just Joined

Can't upgrade or boot PSIO

Post by NoWayOut » December 24th, 2017, 9:08 am

HI guys,
I had been happily using PSIO with firmware from last year with no great problems. I saw that there were new firwamres out so I downloaded and put them on the SD. Now, with all the current FBOOT.BIN, MENU.SYS, UPDATE.FPG and FIRMWARE.AFW the PSIO gives me error 80000017 without trying to update. When I delete UPDATE.FPG and FIRMWARE.AFW, PSIO doesn't boot at all, PS just goes to stock screen.
So I tried putting back on old firmware, and then system freezes at PSIO screen.
I tried holding start and select, cartridge reinitialises but doesn't solve the problem.
Any help appreciated, cheers

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Can't upgrade or boot PSIO

Post by Matt » December 24th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Try deleting only one of the two files. Which one stops making it boot. Is it FIRMWARE.AFW, UPDATE.FPG or both?

NoWayOut
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by NoWayOut » December 25th, 2017, 12:10 am

When I delete FIRMWARE.AFW it complains about UPDATE.FPG being on the card, when I delete UPDATE.FPG but leave on, it complains about FIRMWARE.AFW being on the card.

Edit: nvm seems it was an SD card problem. I was using a 128GB card and since updating it seems to not be fast enough to read the menu at boot. I tested with a 4GB card and it boots fine. It's strange because the 128GB card worked perfectly with the previous menu version. I'll look into getting a different size or brand or something.

In any case, all is well with the cartridge. Thanks for your help.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » December 25th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Okay, so the Menu System is booting no matter what file you have which means the update process went okay. Also, PSIO currently does not support SDXC cards, so 128 GB doesn't work (which is why you're having problems in the first place) but we're about to release an update which should fix that issue.