My PSIO not working !!!

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
urbi_zg
Just Joined
Just Joined

My PSIO not working !!!

Post by urbi_zg » December 18th, 2017, 6:56 am

Hello :)

I have a PSIO cartridge from http://ps-io.com/

I've installed Switch Board kit from http://ps-io.com/store/switch-board/ but there's a problem
after power on my console as seen in a video below, how to fix it ?

After plugging it in, my console stops at start screen and there is nothing more going on.

My video of my PSIO is here:

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/mw9Ar3T1/file.html

Please help me !!!.

Regards,

UrBi

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: My PSIO not working !!!

Post by Matt » December 18th, 2017, 8:37 am

That's an odd problem. Looks like an SD Card problem or the parallel port isn't making a good connection. Try updating the firmwares too and make sure you're using the latest ones.

urbi_zg
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by urbi_zg » February 16th, 2018, 4:00 am

I have not solved this problem until today. Will the problem disappear if it updates the old firmware to the latest firmware? I use two different "sd card" memory cards, so it's probably not a problem with reading data from the SD card? Can I safely try to upgrade my old firmware to the latest one without the risk of damaging the PSIO device?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » February 16th, 2018, 1:53 pm

I don't even think your cartridge will attempt to update. There is a connection issue of some sort, either from a bad Switch Board install to a poor parallel port connection. Best thing to do would be to purchase a "Mainboard Modification Service" and send in your mainboard as well as your PSIO Cartridge so we can diagnose the issue for you and get it going.

urbi_zg
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by urbi_zg » February 18th, 2018, 3:57 am

In the documentation I read that if I see the PlayStation logo on the TV screen replaced with the words "PSIO" it's all ok. If you see this string, the switch board has been correctly installed. So for sure my SWITCH BOARD was correctly mounted on the motherboard of my console? Am I right ? You suggesting there is a problem with the connection between the motherboard itself and the parallel I / O port? The PSIO device reached me intact. Originally packed. The packaging is not damaged. It makes no sense to send the motherboard and the PSIO device, because the shipping costs to and from are equivalent to the price of the PSIO itself.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin

Post by Matt » February 18th, 2018, 5:35 am

Okay. Update all your files. This means the ARM, FPGA and Menu System. If that doesn't work, that looks like a bad SD Card connection, or the parallel port isn't make a good connection, in which case, you will have to install another Switch Board into another PlayStation.

urbi_zg
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by urbi_zg » February 21st, 2018, 10:02 pm

I have successfully updated my PSIO with the latest firmware.
Now I see the following inscription on screen: "PSIO region setup".
I have successfully launched the examples "PSX DEMO".
Soon I will try if normal games are running without a problem.
I'll let you know if everything works fine.