Failure to upgrade the system

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Failure to upgrade the system

Post by Matt » June 2nd, 2017, 7:54 pm

Does the new firmware (ARM V2.4.4) help by any chance? If not, it's a hardware issue for sure meaning the reset detection on PSIO is failing because resistor 45's value is still too high for the PU-22 1-671-858-12 boards. Currently it's 330 ohms, but a lower value might help. This is just a theory though and it needs to be properly field tested which I can't do unless I have the same mainboard as you. Oh, another problem might be your power supply or your mainboard is simply faulty. You can try holding down your reset button for a longer period of time and seeing if it resets maybe.

I'll keep this issue open in JIRA though so we have a record of it and it's being monitored. If we have any results, I'll be sure to message you directly :)

small fat
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by small fat » June 3rd, 2017, 8:01 am

Matt wrote:
June 2nd, 2017, 7:54 pm
Does the new firmware (ARM V2.4.4) help by any chance? If not, it's a hardware issue for sure meaning the reset detection on PSIO is failing because resistor 45's value is still too high for the PU-22 1-671-858-12 boards. Currently it's 330 ohms, but a lower value might help. This is just a theory though and it needs to be properly field tested which I can't do unless I have the same mainboard as you. Oh, another problem might be your power supply or your mainboard is simply faulty. You can try holding down your reset button for a longer period of time and seeing if it resets maybe.

I'll keep this issue open in JIRA though so we have a record of it and it's being monitored. If we have any results, I'll be sure to message you directly :)
Update the system, the problem still exists, the normal mode, press the "restart button" as shown below,

Press "Restart button" in Quick mode as shown below, freeze on PSIO screen.

Please amend the system to deal with, thank you.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » June 3rd, 2017, 10:55 am

Would you be able to send me your mainboard and cartridge please? Otherwise I can't fix this problem for you because I don't have the exact same mainboard on hand.

Don't worry. If there is a fault, we will cover the shipping charges for you.
Otherwise, if it works for us and we don't see any problems, we wont reimburse you.

small fat
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by small fat » June 3rd, 2017, 1:05 pm

Matt wrote:
June 3rd, 2017, 10:55 am
Would you be able to send me your mainboard and cartridge please? Otherwise I can't fix this problem for you because I don't have the exact same mainboard on hand.

Don't worry. If there is a fault, we will cover the shipping charges for you.
Otherwise, if it works for us and we don't see any problems, we wont reimburse you.
The problem has been resolved, the SCPH-7500 power module out, installed SCPH-7501 power supply module, and then there is no problem, the picture shows the SCPH-7500 power supply.

The picture shows the power supply module of SCPH-7501.

Do not know why, but also thank Matt replied.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » June 3rd, 2017, 1:36 pm

Ah, I had a feeling it could have been the power supply because I've had them go bad in the past before. It would be interesting to know exactly why it was happening, but I reckon the reset line wasn't being pulled low enough simply because the current was still too high.

From looking at your first picture though, the reset button itself has been twisted, indicating it's damaged so I guess that rules out why it was failing. Good to know it's been fixed though by replacing the power supply and there isn't a problem with PSIO's design :)

What about 'Dataspehere'. He has the same problem though.
I would assume his power supply bad too I guess, but what are the chances of that happening.

I'll also add this new information to the 'Systems Manual' so that if users have the same problem in the future, they will know what could be causing it.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems

Post by Matt » June 7th, 2017, 10:45 am

Okay. For 'Dataspehere' if he is still having an issue, we found a potential reset problem in the ARM firmware. We've released a new update, so please give it a go.

small fat
Curious about PSXDEV
Curious about PSXDEV

Post by small fat » June 7th, 2017, 11:45 am

Thank you for your hard work.