Broken Connector on Mainboard

Feel free to go ahead and ask for Help and Support or check out what's already been answered from other customers
microwave
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Broken Connector on Mainboard

Post by microwave » May 20th, 2018, 3:03 am

Hello,

I've tried contacting Cybdyn through e-mail for the last couple weeks but haven't heard anything back. Can Matt or anyone else knowledgeable on this please advise:

While disassembling my PS1 (PU-18, 5501) to remove the board and send in for the mainboard mod service, I accidentally broke one of the connectors on the board that connects to the CD-Rom drive. It is the connector that takes the plug with 4 wires, not the ribbon cable (please see attached pictures).

Is this connector necessary for operation with the PS-IO? The CD-Rom drive on my PS1 is already dead and I have no plans to utilize it once I have a PS-IO. Would I be fine without the broken connector and with the CD-Rom detached? Also, if the connector is necessary, is that something Cybdyn can repair? I can easily send the connector along with the console if that is something Cybdyn can take care of.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this issue. I am waiting to hear about this before I ship my PS1 board out for the mod service. Cheers!!
Attachments
IMG_0692.JPG
(579.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0694.JPG
(648.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0695.JPG
(458.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Matt
Cybdyn Systems
Cybdyn Systems
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Broken Connector on Mainboard

Post by Matt » May 21st, 2018, 9:13 pm

No it's not required, but if you include it in the box you're sending to us, we'll re-solder it for you. It's happened to other customers too. Easy repair :)

microwave
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Re: Broken Connector on Mainboard

Post by microwave » May 22nd, 2018, 3:00 am

Great, thanks Matt!!