Accessing PS1 Memory Cards via Menu System?

Generic Customer Feedback, Content and Reviews based directly on PSIO
RetroProf

Accessing PS1 Memory Cards via Menu System?

Post by RetroProf » October 31st, 2016, 6:47 pm

I did a search, but it mainly brought up results for SD card topics. Though I did find one topic where Shadow mentioned wanting to implement a Memory Card manager in PSIO.

I assume this is a WIP for future firmware updates?

At first I thought maybe the menu option to boot a CD would take me to the menu screen to select memory cards, if there was no CD in the drive, but that didn't seem to work.

Alternatively...

Is there a demo disc, or utility disc for the PS1, or some homebrew, which allows one to tinker with what's on their memory cards? Not just view stuff, but delete files and copy them between cards.

I find I need to keep removing PSIO to check this, and sometimes I fail to put it back in correctly, and then it just hangs at the Sony orange diamond screen. Which I'm worried may someday break something. :o

I tried Googling for PS1 homebrew memcard managers, but it only brought up utilities for us on a PC.

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Accessing PS1 Memory Cards via Menu System?

Post by Matt » October 31st, 2016, 7:27 pm

It's a work in progress at the moment. As far as I know, there aren't any tools available to the public which do this apart from the one built into the BIOS.

You know, if you want to access the BIOS, just boot the PSX with the SD Card removed :)

RetroProf

Re: Accessing PS1 Memory Cards via Menu System?

Post by RetroProf » November 5th, 2016, 4:35 am

Cheers! :D