Removing File Limit of 255 Folders??

Generic Customer Feedback, Content and Reviews based directly on PSIO
Scribe86
Just Joined
Just Joined

Removing File Limit of 255 Folders??

Post by Scribe86 » October 18th, 2016, 11:21 am

Hi all,

so I got my PSIO a couple of months back and have slowly been inputting my iso-onto a 256 GB SD card with little to no issues. now I've got up to the letter J and I am now encountering problems. The issues are with the folder limit that PSIO sets, I certainly have the space to fit the remainder of my collection on to the SD card - however the device is not allowing me to input any more folders onto my SD card do you to the 255 folder limit.

is this going to be revised and folded limit extended in the next firmware update? As this is completely halted my progress in cataloguing my game collection and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in this situation. any responses from anyone or the developers and even a possible time frame of when I could expect this limit to be amended.

Other than that fantastic device any and all comments welcome.

Thanks,

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Re: Removing File Limit of 255 Folders??

Post by Matt » October 18th, 2016, 1:05 pm

I have the firmware which fixes this problem, but I have not released it because it's broken some games and fixed others. I'll try to release it shortly once I do more testing/fixing :)

Scribe86
Just Joined
Just Joined

Post by Scribe86 » October 18th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Ok thanks for responding Matt, hopefully Cybdyn will read and reply also.

So it atleast is on your to-do list of future improvements right?

Also Just curious, was there any reason why this limit was input in the first place?.. just wondering really. Was there an method behind it?

Matt
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Systems Designer

Post by Matt » October 18th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Scribe86 wrote:Ok thanks for responding Shadow, hopefully Cybdyn will read and reply also.

So it atleast is on your to-do list of future improvements right?

Also Just curious, was there any reason why this limit was input in the first place?.. just wondering really. Was there an method behind it?
It's not on my to do list because it's already done. The limit was added because we didn't anticipate the users putting more than 256 folders on an SD Card, and that it would slow down the system if it was increased. I've since improved the Menu Systems logic, so now it can handle up to 512.

Yuri
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
Cybdyn Systems - Admin
I am a: Embedded Developer

Post by Yuri » October 18th, 2016, 8:45 pm

afaik, we expanded while ago limit from 255 to 65536, at the least on hw side

all the latest source code of ARM in the SVN, like before

the problem was actually on Matt's menu side, it takes time to read data, when we have many files' name, so system reject read operation cause of timeout, or other reason, we need find solution